Forum Home» Referrers

Nationwide referral thread - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search

Referrers Board

We’re struggling at the moment with the huge volumes of messages we’re getting from Forumites about coronavirus and the impact it’s having on their finances. We’re a small team, with limited resources, but we’re doing our best to manage this spike in demand.

At this time, we need your help more than ever so that we can focus our energy on helping the millions of people affected by coronavirus. For now, we plan to leave the Referrers Board open, but we ask that you only post on here within the Referral Board rules especially of once only per referral and on the correct threads. As always please keep it friendly and within the forum rules.

Thank you for your help and understanding at this really difficult time.

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Nationwide referral thread

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Referrers
291 replies 12.6K views

Replies

• Long time nationwide account holder here, will definitely recommend anyone to switch for interests and other perks! PM for details and we get £100 each!
  • bp5678bp5678 Forumite
    299 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Random question but could this potentially be dodgy? Would someone you don't know be able to get vital information about you from the switch to then use as identity fraud/theft?
  • keirankeiran Forumite
    549 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    bp5678 wrote: »
    Random question but could this potentially be dodgy? Would someone you don't know be able to get vital information about you from the switch to then use as identity fraud/theft?

Absolutely Not

The referrer sends a link (obtained from Nationwide) which has a unique code on it identifying the referrer, and the referred party completes the link by entering his/her own unique number (in this case, the 18 digit switching number beginning with FSW).

So no personal details are exchanged at all.
  • Hi all,

If you're on this thread, you likely know how the referrals work (if not I'm happy to explain directly). I referred my spouse last year for the inflation-beating 5% FlexDirect current account and found it really easy.

Having checked my online banking apparently I've been with Nationwide for 18 years(!). Despite following Martin's bank tarting guide, I kept my main Nationwide account as they've simply been the best fit for me.

I'd be delighted to share a 'Refer A Friend' code with you if you request one, naturally this would lead to £100 for us both.

Foibles
  • Hi all - I know it's my first post but I'm a long time 'money saver' whose friends are sick of me hassling them to switch to nationwide :rotfl:

If anyone would like a referral, I'd be happy to provide :).

Thanks very much and happy money saving.
  • Sara21Sara21 Forumite
    33 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I love my Nationwide account and its benefits - happy to 'refer a friend' if anyone needs a link :)

Thanks all
  • Hi switchers!

I have some Nationwide referral links waiting to be used.

You'll need to switch a non-Nationwide current account which has at least 2 Direct Debits (not necessarily your 'main' account) to a Nationwide FlexAccount, FlexPlus or FlexDirect account.

The Referral link I give you needs to be kept until after the switch - when you link it to the Switch Code Nationwide will have given you. Once this is done we both get £100!!

PM me (click on my username) to get a referral link.

Thanks!
  • bristolleedsfanbristolleedsfan Forumite
    8.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have some Nationwide referral links waiting to be used.

You'll need to switch a non-Nationwide current account which has at least 2 Direct Debits (not necessarily your 'main' account) to a Nationwide FlexAccount, FlexPlus or FlexDirect account.

The Referral link I give you needs to be kept until after the switch - when you link it to the Switch Code Nationwide will have given you. Once this is done we both get £100!!

PM me (click on my username) to get a referral link.

Existing Nationwide Current Account Holders can take advantage of this if havent previously received a payment via any Nationwide BS Refer a friend scheme

Thanks!
  • Hi

I have 5 nationwide reccomend a friend codes available

we both get £100 each

Step 1 - Send me a PM on here and I will request a recommend a friend link when you ask, this take 1-2 working days to arrive.

Step 2 - You need to switch your main current account to a Nationwide FlexAccount, FlexPlus or FlexDirect account within 90 days of the recommendation, and transfer at least two Direct Debits as part of the switch (standing orders and recurring card payments don't qualify).

Step 3 - You will then need to give nationwide your details, including your switch reference number, which you'll have received when the switch started.

Step 4 - We both get £100.00

thank you

please message me to take advantage of this offer
  • Hi

I used referral from this thread myself and now I offer few of those links myself. PM me if interested.

regards, Stef
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support