IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

LBC or a scary letter?

Dear wonderful people,

I’ve been lurking in the background for a while for support with a Parking Charge Notice. Long story short: The driver received a PCN for parking at QA Hospital from Parkshield Collection LTD T/A PCP Enforcement Agency for parking without a permit. The driver didn’t notice the signs as the entrance sign was not facing the driver and the only additional sign was at the other end of the car park behind a large tree and not visible from the footpath. The section of the hospital that the driver was visiting has free parking, however the driver parked the wrong side of the fence. (A point to note, is that the additional sign in the car park is positioned to appear to be the entrance sign to the free car park and isn’t clear which area it applies to anyway.)

The driver ignored the PCN and the Registered Keeper appealed the NTK that arrived outside of the dates for POFA, using your templates, on the grounds of poor signage, failing to comply with POFA and the signage making a forbidding offer (Permit Holders Only). Parkshield or PCP ignored the appeal and replied stating that they were not relying on POFA. They didn’t provide any of the information requested (evidence) and ignored all other points raised. PCP eventually issued a Liability Notice which the RK rejected this on the grounds that they were not the driver and at work 15 miles away and will provide a signed witness statement should they wish to proceed to court.

The RK has complained to PALS (useless and not interested), the DVLA (even more useless and actually used someone else’s private information in the reply), the IAS (LOL) and their MP.
The RK has now received a “Notice of Intended Legal Action”. Here: Httx ://i67.tinypic.com/11ukzfo.jpg

My question is, is this a genuine LBC or is it another letter that’s supposed to look scary and make the RK pay? I’ve read the newbie posts and I feel like it’s a fake letter and not a real LBC but just wanted to be sure.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    live link

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=11ukzfo&s=9#.XCf2G83gpPY
    threatogram as it only gives 10 days notice, so NOT an LBC

an actual LBC gives 30 days notice plus includes financial forms as well

if it doesnt have those two elements, then it is not an LBC (or LOC)

IGNORE
  • Thank you very much for the speedy response. You guys are awesome. Not all hero's wear capes.

I'll be back if it proceeds any further - I wish there was a way to take the fight to them and take them to the cleaners for harassment.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I wish there was a way to take the fight to them and take them to the cleaners for harassment.
    If you've got deep pockets, go for it. £40k might give you a start.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    IMO, if they did take this to court they would crash and burn. Proving that someone was driving is difficult enough OTBOP, but when the RK produces evidence to the contrary, it becomes impossible.

Harassment is difficult to prove, a few letter will not cut it, are they phoning you every morning at 3am, hanging around your childrens' school, dunning you on Facebook?

What you can do, which might cause them a bit of bother, is complain to your MP.

It is the will of Parliament that these scammers be put out of business. Hopefully that will take place in the near future. The Bill has passed through the HOC without hitch, and goes to the Lords soon. In the meantime involve your MP, the poor dears are buckling under the weight of complaints about these scammers. Read this one which I wrote earlier

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors. Is has been suggested by an MP that some of these companies may have connections to organised crime.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, (especially Smart}, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week), hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers.

Sir Greg Knight's Private Members Bill to curb the excesses, and perhaps close down, some of these companies passed its Third Reading in late November, and, with a fair wind, will become Law next year.

All three readings are available to watch on the internet, (some 6-7 hours), and published in Hansard. MPs have an extremely low opinion of the industry. Many are complaining that they are becoming overwhelmed by complaints from members of the public. Add to their burden, complain in the most robust terms about the scammers.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    PCP ???? All the rubbish we expect nowadays from powerless debt collectors

It is clear PCP do not know what they are talking about as the letter ends saying .....

"No further notice will be given"

Don't they know that a LBC must be sent given proof of their claim, enclose pictures and explain costs PLUS give you 30 days to respond

CLEARLY NOT
  • Thanks all, I've added it to the ignore pile. The other letters appear to be typed by a chimp. I'm not surprised they don't know what they're doing when they can barely string a sentence together.

Reading some of the other posts regarding this operator and how they "fine" visitors and partners of cancer sufferers at a hospital. Makes me sick and more determined to fight them.
  • Hi All,
    The RK has now started to get Trace Debt Recovery letters.  The latest one now states they will pass the case to their legal department for further recovery action!

These letters are welcome at a time of toilet roll shortages :)
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    jonehboy said:
    Hi All,
    The RK has now started to get Trace Debt Recovery letters.  The latest one now states they will pass the case to their legal department for further recovery action!

These letters are welcome at a time of toilet roll shortages :)
    :smile:
    TRACE ...just another bunch of jokers thinking they can do things ... cloud none dreamers
    We are told everyday not to respond to scammers ...... From your legal dept to theirs .... take a hike ??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure