How does seller send me a pre-paid label?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
5 replies 762 views
LadyDeeLadyDee Forumite
4.3K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭
I am returning something for repair/replacement and the seller has offered to send me a pre-paid label. He has asked for my email address but for obvious reasons I'd prefer to do it through ebay. How does he do this if he's unfamiliar with the process, and in the event of anything going wrong with the return (loss/damage) whose responsibility would that be if the label is provided by the seller?

Replies

• theonlywayisuptheonlywayisup Forumite
    15.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would guess he doesn't want you to open a case as you've opted for a repair/replacement and eBay cases can't cope with anything other than a refund.

If you are happy with that he can buy a prepaid Hermes (for example) label and add it to eBay messages for you to print. Get him to do a drop off rather than collection as you will be able to drop it off at leisure rather than being tied to the carrier calling on you.

If you want a refund and to buy again, explain to him you'll do that by opening a returns case.
  • LadyDeeLadyDee Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would guess he doesn't want you to open a case as you've opted for a repair/replacement and eBay cases can't cope with anything other than a refund.

If you are happy with that he can buy a prepaid Hermes (for example) label and add it to eBay messages for you to print. Get him to do a drop off rather than collection as you will be able to drop it off at leisure rather than being tied to the carrier calling on you.

If you want a refund and to buy again, explain to him you'll do that by opening a returns case.

Thank you. He seems a perfectly reasonable chap and I don't want to open a case unless it becomes necessary.
  • I'm a little surprised that any experienced seller needs to ask you for an email address. as this will either show in his seller hub or can be found by hitting reply to the paypal payment email.
  • mgdavidmgdavid Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little surprised that any experienced seller needs to ask you for an email address. as this will either show in his seller hub or can be found by hitting reply to the paypal payment email.

<Michael Caine voice>
    not a lot of people know that
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • WLM21WLM21 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    .. can be found by hitting reply to the paypal payment email.

Wow .. didn't know that

Used to see the buyer's email address on the PP notification, but not now. Not often I use MyH but they always ask for an email address
    mgdavid wrote: »
    <Michael Caine voice>
    not a lot of people know that
    agreed !
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides