Best online supplier of LP mailers

edited 27 December 2018 at 11:09AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
8 replies 1.2K views
WLM21WLM21 Forumite
1.3K Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
I am about to sell about 20 old LPs so will need some sort of mailers to post them in. Any recommended suppliers please ?

I did sell a batch of 5 Pink Floyd albums from my youth, a few years ago but as they went as one job lot, I bought a couple of pieces of plywood, but that's probably too much faff for singe LPs

Replies

• WLM21WLM21 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    OP here

Did some research and found these .. seem pretty good

Sounds Wholesale

and

Defendapack
  • jwiljwil Forumite
    13.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've bought defendapak boxes before (not LP mailers) and they are very good quality.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • goodfella66goodfella66 Forumite
    308 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Sounds Wholesale for price. Their orders usually come quicker via Ebay although the website is cheaper.
  • tomvoxtomvox Forumite
    160 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts
    Another vote for Sounds Wholesale. Good prices and eBay Customer Feedback on albums I've sold often comment on the good quality of the packaging.
  • November2November2 Forumite
    1K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Why pay for packaging? If you call into your local supermarket they will have piles of 'apple boxes' these are made of very thick and unbendable cardboard (Morrisons seem to always have them by the tills). Cut to size and place records between the two pieces, one horizontal, one vertical.
    I used to do this myself and post via RM however now I just post in a box and use a courier with tracking included as price is roughly the same. Using a box means better inner protection using bubblewrap etc. Again boxes can be picked up free from any supermarket, local shop. I even get my bubblewrap from Tesco/Lidl for free, just ask and they'll give you some.
  • hollydayshollydays Forumite
    19.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure they will sell.
    If not don't buy the packaging until you get some indication of their popularity.
  • WLM21WLM21 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    November2 wrote: »
    Why pay for packaging? If you call into your local supermarket they will have piles of 'apple boxes' these are made of very thick and unbendable cardboard (Morrisons seem to always have them by the tills). Cut to size and place records between the two pieces, one horizontal, one vertical.

Great idea :beer:

Only snag .. not easy to cut .. need to get some new Stanley knife blades

But ... free is free
  • edited 15 January 2019 at 5:30PM
    WLM21WLM21 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 15 January 2019 at 5:30PM
    OP again

I got a few apple boxes as mentioned in order to cut them up, assuming I shall need two pieces of card per LP.

You only get one piece per box, so it was going to take me a while collecting boxes, cutting them then returning them to the recycle spot at the same supermarket. The actual cutting isn't easy too.

I decided just to buy some cardboard LP mailers, so opted for the ones from Sounds Wholesalel

Basic Economics ... Buying 10 would have worked out at about 65p each, 25 would have been 42p each, but 50 at £14.95 is only 30p each

They arrived today and seem to be excellent. I don't have 50 records to sell, but who knows, i might get more to sell in the future.

And anyway, I sometimes use A4 cardboard backed envelopes and they were also about 30p each. What's more, they only have card on one side. I can easily adapt these LP mailers to be used for 'large letter' items.

Buying on the website is cheaper than buying through their Ebay store. They still take Paypal and free delivery

WELL DONE SOUNDS WHOLESALE :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides

£37 of No7 beauty products for £12

Available online and in stores

MSE Deals