Tracking shows delivered

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
6 replies 715 views
elver_manelver_man Forumite
20.8K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭✭
Just after some reassurance as not had one of these for about 18 months.

I sold item on Ebay for £20, sent via Hermes ( Have sent over 200 parcels in 4 years and only had one problem before and Hermes refunded)

Full tracking showing from drop off at parcel shop to delivery through letterbox. Yes Item would fit through letterbox

Buyer contacts me today saying they have not received parcel, so I have contacted Hermes CS and advised of situation, its now been escalated as there is obviously a discrepancy.

I have advised buyer of current situation and said I will update them further when Hermes get back to me. I have told Buyer to open INR case. but also check with neighbours.

Am I doing this the correct way, sorry it may be obvious to someone who uses Ebay a lot but I am only a light user.

Thanks
Thoughts:

The surest sign that there is intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't contacted us yet:D
Life's most urgent question is: what are you doing for others?
Life's most urgent question is: What are you doing for others;) - Martin Luther King jr

Replies

• theonlywayisuptheonlywayisup Forumite
    15.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes totally the correct way.

Protect your account and assist the buyer.

You could also double check the buyer gave the correct address - amazing how many people forget to update their delivery details when they move.
  • elver_manelver_man Forumite
    20.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you

Yes I checked address with buyer before doing anything.

Although I believe I am covered by tracking showing as delivered, (I have taken a copy)

I'm now told by Hermes that their fall-back for instances like this i.e. GPS point of delivery and photo of delivery is not showing on their system hence why its been escalated.

Will just wait now to see what happens next
    Thoughts:

The surest sign that there is intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't contacted us yet:D
    Life's most urgent question is: What are you doing for others;) - Martin Luther King jr
  • I had exactly the same thing happen to me recently, the buyer opened a INR case, I supplied the tracking details showing item was delivered. That seemed to be the end of it as I haven't had any contact from either ebay / the buyer since.
  • lindenslindens Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Op you will likely win the case as you can prove its delivered. maybe a family member picked it up off the doormat and put it somewhere and forgot to tell them. maybe they are fibbing., you are in the clear though.
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • theonlywayisuptheonlywayisup Forumite
    15.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you keep your buyer updated then I can't see a problem. Hopefully Hermes will refund and you can then refund the buyer. Explain to them you are disputing the delivery with Hermes and will be bound by their decision regardless of what happens to the eBay case (which will go in your favour).

Your next time line is day 8 of the case, when you should ring eBay to escalate it.
  • elver_manelver_man Forumite
    20.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick update

I contacted buyer again last night just to update them that Hermes were contacting courier for usual details ie photographic evidence of delivery etc but to also say that I hadn't noticed an INR case being opened yet.

This morning I have a message from buyer saying item has been delivered :)

Thanks everyone for advice
    Thoughts:

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals