Going, going...still going!

edited 29 November 2019 at 9:03PM in Debt Free Diaries
905 replies 64.3K views

Replies

• BlackCoffeeNoSugarBlackCoffeeNoSugar Forumite
    673 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Thank you Mark! LISA is getting contributions too, although it has been minimal whilst building up the EF. Once I'm at three months outgoings, I'll switch up the priorities, it's all just ticking over at the moment. Current prediction is that a deposit for somewhere here will take me 10 years at this rate (very rough, inflation and houseprices dependent etc etc.) - might be time to seriously consider relocating, I just haven't liked anywhere enough to justify leaving this town :flushed:
    Debt at Nov 2017: £8,619 Debt at Dec 2018: £4,161 Debt at Nov 2019: £0 :)
    Look at you, reading all the small print in the signatures. Your hair is looking lovely today, even if it's a little longer. Suits you.
  • girlatplaygirlatplay Forumite
    3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure exactly where you are but would you consider moving slightly east of the city?  I'm on the east side and have considered moving to the nearest town, if I'm ever able to afford to move.  There are some nice flats down that way.  I know a few people who live there and they commute into town.  There are a couple of buses which go all the way through town and it doesn't take too long.
    Loan (£7,500) current balance: £4,423.18 :: Original DFD 01/12/2023 Expected DFD 01/04/2023
    IO Mortgage current balance: £87,390
  • girlatplaygirlatplay Forumite
    3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meant to say, it's a little cheaper than in the city but not far away.
    Loan (£7,500) current balance: £4,423.18 :: Original DFD 01/12/2023 Expected DFD 01/04/2023
    IO Mortgage current balance: £87,390
  • edited 6 July at 7:14PM
    BlackCoffeeNoSugarBlackCoffeeNoSugar Forumite
    673 posts
    ✭✭
    edited 6 July at 7:14PM
    I'm further west than east, but yes, that area is definitely a consideration, although not entirely sure it's doable on single salary (especially mine!). As my friends have gradually got married, had kids etc., and moved out, either south and east, that part is becoming more of a prospect. As silly as it sounds, I do worry that if I move further out, I'll lose all pretense of a social life, and won't go out in public at all - being closer to town means I can at least pretend the option is there :lol:  I'm sure something will work itself out in time - I'll keep saving and hope the landlord doesn't decide to sell-up from under me ;)
    Look at you, reading all the small print in the signatures. Your hair is looking lovely today, even if it's a little longer. Suits you.
    673 posts
    ✭✭
    The days are just whizzing by at the moment, not sure where the time is going! The heavens have just opened here after being nice for most of the day. PD is grumpy as she was asleep in front of an open window and is now rather damp. Poor bairn. 

MSE news, all ticking along. I've had a small pay raise at work (about £50 a month, after tax etc) which was unexpected, as I haven't had a performance review in ages (long story). I also got a rare 'thank you' from an awkward client/collaborator and that feels more noteworthy :lol:
    I also have something new to add to my savings goals - ceiling lampshades! I've lived with paper 1kea ones for ages (you know the ones, the big balls) but I think that would be a nice (and relatively cheap) way to add a bit of change. I could also do with a new floor lamp or two, but that can wait a while longer, it's already been 5 years, another one won't hurt :lol:  
  • DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    1.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Light shades can be incredibly cheap, we have an lkea one that cost £10, but a step up from the big ball paper ones. 
    Dad 6k
    Offer on house and chain complete 21st July 2020
    Solicitors instructed 23rd July 2020
    Mortgage application 28th July 2020
    Mortgage valuation booked 12th August 

673 posts
    ✭✭
    I have some light shades :) Two smaller ones, and one larger one, which I'm so pleased with. The old ones are tucked away if/when I need/want to move out and they need put back up :lol: I'm holding off on the floor lamp until I see one I like in person, whenever that will be. Also splashed out on a couple of little things for the kitchen (some nice olive oil, and balsamic vinegar) so I'm feeling positively luxurious at the moment! Also a new water bowl for PD as she flipped hers across the kitchen floor (no idea how, it's heavy) and it cracked. Not broken, but I don't want to take any chances. No more spends until payday :innocent:  

Budget all ok despite this flurry of spends - all just ticking along. Still haven't treated myself to my coffee shop coffee - I might go out tomorrow for a walk and see if I happen to wander past one :wink: 

1.5K posts
    ✭✭✭
    So, having become the owners of two 14week old kittens, I understand why paw dipper is so well named 😂😂😂 nothing is safe 😂
    Dad 6k

673 posts
    ✭✭
    😂 She’s showing no signs of growing out of it in double digits either! At least her behaviour in other areas has improved....a bit 😉 Have fun with your two, PD was about 5 months when I got her - hard to remember her as a wee toot! 

It has been a few days since I last posted - only one minor mishap when I cleared the rest of my current account to savings, but promptly ordered an online shop for today so had to transfer back, and ended in my overdraft for all of 20 mins 😳 I had planned to get one at the weekend but got over-excited at a slot for this evening. Quickly resolved and won’t be charged for it, but did make my heart pound for a minute when I realised! Definitely no spends until after payday - this shop should do me until after 15th or so, so going for at least 17 NSDs out of the next 18. 
    1.5K posts
    ✭✭✭
    It's the downside of moving money about I find. You know you have the money, but sometimes it's not in the right place!
    Dad 6k