Going, going...still going!

edited 29 November 2019 at 9:03PM in Debt Free Diaries
896 replies 63.8K views

Replies

• BlackCoffeeNoSugarBlackCoffeeNoSugar Forumite
    667 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Quick post so I’ll come back later to fill in...

Budget has totally gone to pot this week - my own fault, I took my eye off it and had a really spendy day out with a friend (lunch and shopping). Just didn’t hold myself accountable and haven’t had a NSD since Sunday! 

Feeling thoroughly unimpressed with myself, so turning this around today. Today will be a NSD!

Debt at Nov 2017: £8,619 Debt at Dec 2018: £4,161 Debt at Nov 2019: £0 :)
    Look at you, reading all the small print in the signatures. Your hair is looking lovely today, even if it's a little longer. Suits you.
  • mark88manmark88man Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    the sweet taste of freedom with a seasoning of spendthriftery - don't beat yourself up but don't do it again (for a while) 
    I think I saw you in an ice-cream parlour - Drinking milk shakes cold and long - Smiling and waving and looking so fine (5 years - Bowie)
    Weight/Health - 1/1/2020 - 121kg : 27/06/2020 - 107Kg - Last month +1kg
    12/19: CC:[email protected]% - Car:[email protected]% - Mort:[email protected]% = £140K
    Decrease in Total Debt 2016:£13.4K 2017:£8.3K 2018:£20K 2019:£16K 2020 (YTD): -£15K
  • bd80sbd80s Forumite
    235 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Don't feel bad, you've worked incredibly hard over the last couple of years to get rid of your debt, you haven't lost your mindset you've just given yourself a little budget holiday :smile: 
    I have no doubt it hasn't put you in a bad position and you will fully recover :smile: 

Settled to date - 4, settled - fiend loan, target 5 - 948/723, 24%, LBS lost - 33.5
  • edited 13 March at 9:20PM
    BlackCoffeeNoSugarBlackCoffeeNoSugar Forumite
    667 posts
    ✭✭
    edited 13 March at 9:20PM
    Thank you both :)

Obviously when I said "later" I meant "tomorrow" :neutral:

I've hauled the handbrake on, and assessed the damage - which in all honesty, is not as bad as it could have been, and what I have bought is useful and/or pertinent for the current situation. Apart from the indulgent lunch out - but that was good for the soul more than anything ;)  EF is still healthy, store cupboards are stocked and we'll just see what happens with the rest of the world.... 

As for work, I did get offered the role I interviewed for - but they put so many caveats in the offer and the draft contract I saw was frankly outrageous (I have doubts it was even legal), so I walked away from it. Still feeling a bit conflicted, but I think it's for the best. 

But it's the weekend now, so enough about work ;) PD is already snuffle-snoring in her bed and clearly dreaming, as her whiskers, nose and legs keep twitching :lol: I hope she's happy :blush: I have knitting out, but might just watch tv instead ;)
    Look at you, reading all the small print in the signatures. Your hair is looking lovely today, even if it's a little longer. Suits you.
    667 posts
    ✭✭
    Redeemed myself slightly - had a chunky PA survey clear which has meant I could cash out :) So that's £5.95 to go towards counteracting the spendy time :wink:  
    667 posts
    ✭✭
    Nothing much to report right now - work has finally agreed we can all work from home, so today has been a day of adjustment. PD quite happy with the state of affairs :wink: Really feeling for teachers and the NHS right now, such a tough time.

I'm stocked up for now, but will need to venture out later in the week for a top-up - I'll go with an open mind and forage what I can. I have a good supply of lentils and freezer stock, so I don't want to deplete them too much at this stage, just want to replenish what I've used so far in terms of fresh stuff.  

Hope everyone is staying safe - I've messaged round a few people to check they're ok, so I will continue doing that in the coming days. Just have to do what we can :)  
  • mark88manmark88man Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    well done and I completely agree about how productive you can be without interruption. .
    I think I saw you in an ice-cream parlour - Drinking milk shakes cold and long - Smiling and waving and looking so fine (5 years - Bowie)
    Weight/Health - 1/1/2020 - 121kg : 27/06/2020 - 107Kg - Last month +1kg
    12/19: CC:[email protected]% - Car:[email protected]% - Mort:[email protected]% = £140K
    Decrease in Total Debt 2016:£13.4K 2017:£8.3K 2018:£20K 2019:£16K 2020 (YTD): -£15K
    667 posts
    ✭✭
    It's amazing how little disruption PD causes in comparison :lol: Maybe I should suggest all middle management have a snooze and a light bath in the middle of each working day ;) 
  • BabyStepperBabyStepper Forumite
    578 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭
    It's amazing how little disruption PD causes in comparison :lol: Maybe I should suggest all middle management have a snooze and a light bath in the middle of each working day ;) 
     :D  :D:D
    May 2018 £21,228.07/March 2020 £0

100% paid