Going, going...still going!

edited 29 November 2019 at 9:03PM in Debt Free Diaries
894 replies 63.5K views

Replies

• BlackCoffeeNoSugarBlackCoffeeNoSugar Forumite
    664 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Sleeping much better, thank you @moving_forward I just took myself off to bed earlier for a few nights ;) 

Tonight, I'm minorly irked. :persevere: I finally had my last survey clear on PA, so I was over the £5 limit to cash out. However, [email protected] have now implemented a £6 withdrawal limit. So I'll either need to earn another £5 odd on PA so I can cash out again, or just leave it there and use it for part of a [email protected] purchase at some point. 

Tonight's roasting activity is a head of celeriac, and the rest of the potatoes. I've doused the celeriac in chipotle paste and think it's a bit fierce! Will have to find a way to tone it down for lunch tomorrow. Maybe a salad with lemon dressing will help...I'll have a think.  
    Debt at Nov 2017: £8,619 Debt at Dec 2018: £4,161 Debt at Nov 2019: £0 :)
    Look at you, reading all the small print in the signatures. Your hair is looking lovely today, even if it's a little longer. Suits you.
  • moving_forwardmoving_forward Forumite
    349 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    We used to buy celeriac when we had guinea pigs. Not really done anything for us to eat apart from use it in place of celery in jambalaya (hairy dieters recipe)..can you mix in some cheese as a cooling flavour?
    Grocery Budget -Blown Mar, Apr, May most of Jun to date.  This needs attention!  :#
    Personal stretch target - Get an emergency fund of £500 -£47.20 at 01/07/20

• StartingAgainAt29StartingAgainAt29 Forumite
    330 posts
    100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I know the new PP withdrawal limit is so annoying!!! I'm sure there was no notice as well, I just noticed it one day trying to withdraw some ebay money 😾
    Nov 19 CC was: £1334.95 Now: £0!! 1% challenge - 100% Savings:£100 February take lunch to work: 19/18
    Made in Feb: £41.68 Made in March: £32.15
    Made in April: £31.79, Made in May: £30.18
  • BlackCoffeeNoSugarBlackCoffeeNoSugar Forumite
    664 posts
    ✭✭
    Cheese might be a good call, thanks @moving_forward
    Glad it's not just me @StartingAgainAt29 - I think it must have happened in the last few weeks, although I think by chance I've been cashing out at just over £6, so it may have been longer and I just didn't notice! Does seem odd, hope you got your ebay money eventually!   
    Look at you, reading all the small print in the signatures. Your hair is looking lovely today, even if it's a little longer. Suits you.
  • mark88manmark88man Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you are into roasting things we had roast white cabbage with our Sunday lunch - cut from top to bottom (the stem) in 1 inch slices, then liberal olive oil and your preferred spices, the roast for an hour.  The edge of the cabbage gets lovely and crispy and the centre is much softer but with a slightly crunchier centre.  I did flip half way through which meant I  could double crispness.  
    I think I saw you in an ice-cream parlour - Drinking milk shakes cold and long - Smiling and waving and looking so fine (5 years - Bowie)
    Weight/Health - 1/1/2020 - 121kg : 27/06/2020 - 107Kg - Last month +1kg
    12/19: CC:[email protected]% - Car:[email protected]% - Mort:[email protected]% = £140K
    Decrease in Total Debt 2016:£13.4K 2017:£8.3K 2018:£20K 2019:£16K 2020 (YTD): -£15K
    349 posts
    ✭✭
    mark88man said:
    if you are into roasting things we had roast white cabbage with our Sunday lunch - cut from top to bottom (the stem) in 1 inch slices, then liberal olive oil and your preferred spices, the roast for an hour.  The edge of the cabbage gets lovely and crispy and the centre is much softer but with a slightly crunchier centre.  I did flip half way through which meant I  could double crispness.  
    Cheers, we have half a white cabbage to use up 👍
    Grocery Budget -Blown Mar, Apr, May most of Jun to date.  This needs attention!  :#

• SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sleeping much better, thank you @moving_forward I just took myself off to bed earlier for a few nights ;) 

Tonight, I'm minorly irked. :persevere: I finally had my last survey clear on PA, so I was over the £5 limit to cash out. However, [email protected] have now implemented a £6 withdrawal limit. So I'll either need to earn another £5 odd on PA so I can cash out again, or just leave it there and use it for part of a [email protected] purchase at some point. 

Tonight's roasting activity is a head of celeriac, and the rest of the potatoes. I've doused the celeriac in chipotle paste and think it's a bit fierce! Will have to find a way to tone it down for lunch tomorrow. Maybe a salad with lemon dressing will help...I'll have a think.  
    I know the new PP withdrawal limit is so annoying!!! I'm sure there was no notice as well, I just noticed it one day trying to withdraw some ebay money 😾
    I don't know if it's changed, but I got that message on the app but was able to withdraw via the actual website on my laptop (sorry if that's where you're trying to withdraw from or that doesn't work anymore) :)
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • edited 5 March at 10:09PM
    BlackCoffeeNoSugarBlackCoffeeNoSugar Forumite
    664 posts
    ✭✭
    edited 5 March at 10:09PM
    SSDD23 said:
    I don't know if it's changed, but I got that message on the app but was able to withdraw via the actual website on my laptop (sorry if that's where you're trying to withdraw from or that doesn't work anymore) :)
    Oooooh, top tip there @SSDD23!  I was using the app, but have done it now on the laptop via the website and it worked :) PD will get her Dreamies (or equiv) after all ;)  @StartingAgainAt29 you might get your ebay money yet :)

No other news except I had an interview today - less money but doable (less to savings each month, but still able to contribute, and live as well as I am in DF life), and a company I really rate. Have been down this road before though, so we'll see what happens...will keep an open mind ;)  

Edited to say, forgot to thank @mark88man for the cabbage tip - that's next for roasting. I do love roasting random veg :) 
    349 posts
    ✭✭
    Good Luck for the job!!!

• girlatplaygirlatplay Forumite
    3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you mentioned the PP thing.  I usually cash out through the website but on my phone as for some reason I can't cash out on the app.  I'm clearly doing something wrong but I'm not too bothered.  Next time I cash out I'll check if I can do website/phone and report back.

Good luck with the job.  I took a "wee part time job" when I started where I am now because mentally I was in a complete state after my last job.  Was a big drop in hours and a couple of thousand off the full time wage but I did my calculations and I knew I could make it work.  Honestly, best thing I did.  There are so many opportunities there for me now.  If it's meant to be it will be and you'll make it work 🤞🏻
    Loan (£7,500) current balance: £4,423.18 :: Original DFD 01/12/2023 Expected DFD 01/04/2023
    IO Mortgage current balance: £87,390