» »

Going, going...still going! - Page 81

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Going, going...still going!

edited 29 November 2019 at 9:03PM in Debt Free Diaries
838 replies 59.4K views

Replies

• moving_forwardmoving_forward Forumite
    213 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    We all lead boring lives but have our own little excitments from time to time. When pusscat is being funny with his food I "treat" him by adding a dollop of pet toothpaste and shaking the bowl.  As his vocal crys of mistreatment are on a regular basis his teeth arw certainly benefitting lol the dog reluctantly has her share of the toothpaste squirted on her teeth but if the cats had some she cant abide missing out. Rofl
    March Grocery Challenge - Spent £102.05/£350 Groceries,   Spent £31.41/£50 Toiletries, Spent £1.20/£50.00 Pet Food & Sundries. AMENDED START DATE 03.03.20
    Personal stretch target - Pay off CC with 0% deal ending 31st July 2020 £549.61/£549.61 at 06.03.20 PPI yipeeeeee

• edited 26 February at 8:52PM
    BlackCoffeeNoSugarBlackCoffeeNoSugar Forumite
    626 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    edited 26 February at 8:52PM
    My current excitement is trying out a new knitting pattern :lol: PD is being a pest and trying to liberate one of the balls of yarn. Luckily it's just Ald! stuff so if she chews it, it doesn't bother me (as long as she doesn't swallow any of it) :grimace: She's also swiping at the row counter and stitch markers too. I've temporarily got round the food situation by mixing her current stuff with the very last of an old bag (exact same type) and she's happy with that, so I'm not sure why she's being so weird. Might buy another bag, just in case there's something odd about the bag she suddenly doesn't like. It would be helpful if she could talk! 

Contents insurance did clear today, so that's a relief and I can crack on with allocating in YNAB. I'm roasting a chicken at the moment, so once that's out and resting, I'll crack on with the budget. Can't focus knowing it's due out imminently...I've stuffed some straggly bits of thyme into the roasting pan, so there's an amazing smell at the moment. 

I'll know for certain once I've done my budget, but I'm creeping closer to having a full month's expenses in the EF. Long way to go as I'm aiming for 3 months this year, but it is progress. Still tempted by job opportunities that would mean a (temporary) reduction in how much I can save, but have convinced myself that it is just not wise - I'm just not secure enough to be able to contemplate this. Maybe next year.

On a similar note, I found an old bucket list I wrote years ago for thing I'd do by the time I was 35 - there's no way I will have done any of them by then, or indeed, ever. The folly of youth :tongue::lol:  Best go rescue my chicken....
    Debt at Nov 2017: £8,619 :doh: Debt at Dec 2018: £4,161 :o Debt at Nov 2019: £0 :D
    Look at you, reading all the small print in the signatures. Your hair is looking lovely today, have you had it cut? Suits you.
    213 posts
    ✭✭
    By 35???? Oh my gawd im so old. Im 45 this year!! Lol at PD with wool. It does call out to them doesnt it 😻
    March Grocery Challenge - Spent £102.05/£350 Groceries,   Spent £31.41/£50 Toiletries, Spent £1.20/£50.00 Pet Food & Sundries. AMENDED START DATE 03.03.20
    Personal stretch target - Pay off CC with 0% deal ending 31st July 2020 £549.61/£549.61 at 06.03.20 PPI yipeeeeee

213 posts
    ✭✭
    Hellooooo call out to BCNS and PD
    Hope all is well 😻😍xx

• BlackCoffeeNoSugarBlackCoffeeNoSugar Forumite
    626 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    ✭✭

^ PD leaping into the weekend ;) (imagine a smaller, grey version) She does do this quite often though :lol: 

Tough week, but hey, it's over!
    Debt at Nov 2017: £8,619 :doh: Debt at Dec 2018: £4,161 :o Debt at Nov 2019: £0 :D
    Look at you, reading all the small print in the signatures. Your hair is looking lovely today, have you had it cut? Suits you.
  • ChrystalChrystal Forumite
    1K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    That had me laughing out loud and calling everyone in to see it.  :mrgreen:
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.
    213 posts
    ✭✭
    Grey Tabby? Reminds me of my Misty puss. Long gone but forever in my heart 😍😍
    Glad you amd PD ok

• girlatplaygirlatplay Forumite
    3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm all caught up with your diary now @BlackCoffeeNoSugar.  @moving_forward I'm 43 this year so I know where you're coming from with being old.  I truly don't know where the years have gone.

Cats are funny things aren't they?  We had two and they both did odd things like eat food one day then not eat the same food the next day or stare at the door or a spot on the wall when there was no one there (or was there? 🤔).  I always love your PD tales ❤️
    Loan (£7,500) current balance: £5,224.00 :: Original DFD 01/12/2023 Expected DFD 01/06/2023
    IO Mortgage current balance: £87,490
    213 posts
    ✭✭
    Are you sleeping better now BCNS?