Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

Going, going...still going! - Page 80

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Going, going...still going!

edited 29 November 2019 at 8:03PM in Debt Free Diaries
933 replies 67.2K views

Replies

• moving_forwardmoving_forward Forumite
    350 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Doesnt like chocolate? I may have to reconsider our friendship !!

**thinks abit** that means more chocolate for me! Besties for life lol lol
    Grocery Budget -Blown Mar, Apr, May most of Jun to date.  This needs attention!  :#
    Personal stretch target - Get an emergency fund of £500 -£47.20 at 01/07/20

• edited 15 February at 9:11AM
    girlatplaygirlatplay Forumite
    3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 February at 9:11AM
    Just thinking, I'm not sure what sector you work in but the recruitment agent who got me my job is one I hadn't thought to use even though I had heard of them.  They contacted me.  It's based on the north side of the square at the east end of George Street.  Initials ES.  I thought they were quite good.
    Loan (£7,500) current balance: £4,423.18 :: Original DFD 01/12/2023 Expected DFD 01/04/2023
    IO Mortgage current balance: £87,390
  • BlackCoffeeNoSugarBlackCoffeeNoSugar Forumite
    685 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the tip @girlatplay ;) 

Hope you're all safe from this storm - I was out earlier, but hunkered down as it started getting wet'n'wild! Heating is cranked up, and I'm watching 30 Rock with a cup of tea, whilst PD is snoozing (and snoring).  I desperately need to freeze mountains of daal I made earlier, but can't quite bring myself to get off the sofa. It grew exponentially in the pot...I will never learn! Does taste good though :)   

Debt at Nov 2017: £8,619 Debt at Dec 2018: £4,161 Debt at Nov 2019: £0
    A perpetual work in progress.
    685 posts
    ✭✭
    I think I've set a record for the laziest morning ever - it's been fab! It's been a bit windy overnight, but we've been very lucky - PD has been a bit unsettled, and I woke up with 4 very cold paws being pressed into my legs (I think she'd been bouncing about on the tiled floor in the kitchen, investigating her breakfast options ;) ). However, we have had a lovely morning loafing about in bed, with the radio on, books and coffee. It was a bit of a wrench to get up, but really felt I should at least attempt it :lol: 

Today will be a NSD - budget is holding up ok, but still a lot of month left. Meal planning to be done today - I'm aiming to mostly base it on what I have in the cupboards, to cut down on spends, apart from topping up some fresh veg, and eggs. Really craving eggs at the moment, but not quite enough to make me want to get dressed and go outside! I also need to do some list writing, I need some plans for spring cleaning and decluttering ;)

685 posts
    ✭✭
    Feels like a very long time since I last checked in, not sure I've gone a full 5 days before! Very glad its Friday, to say the least. 
    Budget all ticking along well - again, the rumble about whether we will get paid on pay day or not has started this month. I'm pretty convinced it's a disgruntled contractor who starts this rumour, as it appears to start after they have been in the office. Anyway....

This month is a super expensive month for me, for a couple of reasons I won't go into. It's all planned, and has been accounted for, but still..., so I'm very glad it's a no council tax month. That being said, not impressed by the news that CT will go up by £8 a month next year. I'm so glad my landlord and I have agreed terms for the rent to stay the same. They like me, and PD, and I'm literally no hassle to them at all - they have some tricky tenants in other properties, so I'm the easiest by far. Won't be that way forever though, so need to think about next steps. 

In some positive budget news, I got an email from N0w tv - I've not paid full price for the entertainment package for at least 6 months now, it originally dropped to half-price, and then dropped even further - I've been paying £1.60 a month for a good few months now, and the boxsets are fab. This was due to come to an end in March, but they've said they will give me another 6 months at £2.99 a month, which is a nice wee bonus. I don't use it enough to justify £9 a month, but the budget is ok with £3! I bet they are banking on people forgetting and then paying full whack - not like me with the dates already in my calendar ;) 

That was a very long ramble, so I'm off to snuggle with my utterly forgotten and neglected feline :tongue: Poor girl ;)

• Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
    350 posts
    ✭✭
    Kisses to PD xx
    Grocery Budget -Blown Mar, Apr, May most of Jun to date.  This needs attention!  :#

685 posts
    ✭✭
    Kisses to PD xx
    PD wasn't that impressed with the attention, and is currently fixated on half-inching an olive from me. Ungrateful. :lol:
    350 posts
    ✭✭
    Kisses to PD xx
    PD wasn't that impressed with the attention, and is currently fixated on half-inching an olive from me. Ungrateful. :lol:
    Puss cat simply loves the attention and spends most of his time trying to extract it from me, the dog and mr M_F in that order!

685 posts
    ✭✭
    It's another wild day here - clear for a spell, then a wild flurry of wind, rain/sleet/snow - it was all too much for PD who is asleep next to me, gently heaped in a puddle - gallantly raising a purr when she's stroked, but otherwise, snoozed out :)

I've had a long overdue haircut today - I don't feel too guilty about the spend, as it was actually a really enjoyable hour, and I got some tips about how best to trim my ends if they need done before I go back. We both know it will be a good 5-6 months before my next appointment :lol:  Then had coffee with my bro afterwards - I had my usual black coffee, and he had an enormous whipped latte concoction, and a muffin, which ended up costing 4x as much as my coffee :lol: We did laugh about it, it was almost the exact same order as the teenagers sitting at the table next to us. 

I have a whole list of 'should-dos' on my 'to-do' list, but motivation is sadly lacking....don't see either of us doing too much tonight, bar some knitting and podcasts (me, not PD).