Going, going...still going!

edited 29 November 2019 at 9:03PM in Debt Free Diaries
891 replies 63.3K views

Replies

• BlackCoffeeNoSugarBlackCoffeeNoSugar Forumite
    663 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Aha, my digging continues - if you’re on a phone, it looks like you can use your own emojis 💃🙀 <- PD and me when we found out 🤣 - but that doesn’t work for my laptop, weirdly. :open_mouth:  

Overall I think they’ve done a decent job on the update, I’ve definitely seen far worse! No matter how thoroughly these things are tested, as soon as you let the general public near your baby you find out exactly how differently people use your systems from how you intended them to be used... Once the snagging settles down, I think it will be just dandy. 
    Debt at Nov 2017: £8,619 Debt at Dec 2018: £4,161 Debt at Nov 2019: £0 :)
    Look at you, reading all the small print in the signatures. Your hair is looking lovely today, even if it's a little longer. Suits you.
  • edited 8 February at 10:28AM
    BlackCoffeeNoSugarBlackCoffeeNoSugar Forumite
    663 posts
    ✭✭
    edited 8 February at 10:28AM
    I doubt this will work but ....

Ooh, apart from being MASSIVE, gifs do work. That’s fun! 

Look at you, reading all the small print in the signatures. Your hair is looking lovely today, even if it's a little longer. Suits you.
  • girlatplaygirlatplay Forumite
    3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    The phone format is very annoying.  I can't see dates and my profile button doesn't work very well.  I remember a few years ago the old forum didn't work well on my phone but then it improved and it was great because putting the laptop on is not always convenient.  Little Miss has an iPad so I might use that from time to time but I hope the phone format improves soon as that is my most convenient way of being here.

🙂
    Loan (£7,500) current balance: £4,423.18 :: Original DFD 01/12/2023 Expected DFD 01/04/2023
    IO Mortgage current balance: £87,390
    663 posts
    ✭✭
    I'd agree with that @girlatplay - I can't see dates when my phone is 'normal', only when I turn it landscape. Which makes everything else harder to do! I also miss the post numbers, which were always quite helpful for knowing where you were. And I want my DF badge higher up the list - I worked so hard for it! Don't know why I need two '1 year' anniversary badges, but I hope that's just a case of duplicating them for now, and they'll turn off the old style ones soon. Minor grumbles though  ;)

This afternoon I have to weave in the ends of a knitting project - so will be looking for a suitably long and engrossing podcast to listen to whilst I do it. Also going to attempt a new recipe so we'll see how I get on - it's cheap on ingredients (helped out by some yellow sticker cheese) so will not be a disaster if it fails. Just means PD and I will be fighting over a bag of Wotsits later :lol:

• ChrystalChrystal Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks BCNS.... I'm the opposite of a geek, so any and all help is much appreciated!  :laughing: :wink:
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.
    663 posts
    ✭✭
    I've posted a lot today :flushed: but in for a penny, we'll have another to round things off :lol: 

Today has been a NSD, and the recipe turned out fab too (essentially roasted new potatoes, mushrooms, thyme, garlic, and then the absolute decadence of taleggio cheese melted in at the end) - it was supposed to make two portions, but I've had to restrain myself from polishing the whole lot off. Not healthy at all, but good for the soul. Can't wait to have the rest tomorrow for lunch, and then it will be healthier fare from then on. 

It's blowing a hoolie out there, and lashing rain (bit worried about the rattley windows!), and the rugby was full of heartbreak, but PD and I are on the sofa, warm and cosy.  One of us is fast asleep, despite the weather ;)  with a candle flickering away on the mantle. I'm very glad I don't have any reason to go out!
  • edited 9 February at 5:05PM
    girlatplaygirlatplay Forumite
    3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 9 February at 5:05PM
    I still can't get dates even when I turn my phone sideways :disappointed:  The laptop is better but only in Google Chrome, Internet Explorer is as bad as my phone but for different reasons.

The recipe sounds delish!  I love when I make something so good that I could eat both portions and it is very hard to restrain one's self so well done :smile:
    Loan (£7,500) current balance: £4,423.18 :: Original DFD 01/12/2023 Expected DFD 01/04/2023
    IO Mortgage current balance: £87,390
  • moving_forwardmoving_forward Forumite
    349 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Would you mind sharing where you got the recipe from please? It sounds yummy :smiley:
    Grocery Budget -Blown Mar, Apr, May most of Jun to date.  This needs attention!  :#
    Personal stretch target - Get an emergency fund of £500 -£47.20 at 01/07/20

• edited 9 February at 6:01PM
    BlackCoffeeNoSugarBlackCoffeeNoSugar Forumite
    663 posts
    ✭✭
    edited 9 February at 6:01PM
    I'm sad now it is finished :lol:  It was a Nigel Slater recipe, from his Real Food book. There's a version of it here: https://www.nigella.com/recipes/members/gemma11s-nigel-slater-s-slow-fried-potatoes-with-thyme-and-taleggio 
    I changed it up a little, by sticking it all in a casserole pot in the oven, instead of doing it on the stove (because, lazy), and added a punnet of sliced up mushrooms (because I needed at least some veg in there). Once the potatoes and mushrooms were cooked, I added the cheese, put the pot back in the oven, turned off the oven and left it for 5 mins or so to melt in the residual heat, and it became a gooey, cheesey, garlicky, thymey sauce. So good. The cheese was a YS bargain as it's quite expensive usually (£3 for 200g - I got mine for £1.20) - it would probably work with a similar soft cheese, as long as it was ripe. :yum:  I might add some peas next time - I think it needs something green with it! 

Enough of food - today has been a NSD :) I haven't finished my last knitting project quite yet, but have cast-on a new one :flushed: to try out a new pattern. I will go back to my original one later today, just felt the need to change it up. I have another project in mind for my next one, but doesn't quite fit with my stash so it will have to wait until everything else is used up (in about a million years at this rate of progress...). Unfortunately, PD is obsessed with real wool, I think it's the lanolin in it, so I need to be super careful to keep the new project out of her way. She rolls in it, licks it, sticks her nose in the middle of the skein and huffs it - it's very comical, but not very helpful ;) 
  • moving_forwardmoving_forward Forumite
    349 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the recipe link - I have saved that.  Looks delish.
    We have our own PD.  He doesnt really dip paws in anything more goes straight in with his mouth!.  I was meant to be ironing but he has commanded the ironing board as a posing station so what am I to do but leave the ironing?!
    Grocery Budget -Blown Mar, Apr, May most of Jun to date.  This needs attention!  :#
    Personal stretch target - Get an emergency fund of £500 -£47.20 at 01/07/20