edited 29 November 2019 at 9:03PM in Debt Free Diaries
888 replies 63.2K views

Replies

• BlackCoffeeNoSugarBlackCoffeeNoSugar Forumite
    661 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Pentacle wrote: »
    I wanted you to know, today I am officially debt free! Made my final payment £410 to my last card and the balance is ZERO. I have £300 in my emergency fund to start building on. I was very lucky in that when I had my LBM, I was able to increase my hours of work, and all extra earnings were used for my debt.
    I want to thank you for being my pace setter and support, every time you made a payment, I did too, including your little morale boost payments, I tried to match them as well. You have no idea how it helped, knowing someone was working through the debt with me.
    Even better, changing my mind set about money, I have lots of saving pots for xmas, the car, birthdays, etc. I am in control! And now enjoy seeing the pot balances go up, instead of spending.
    THANK YOU, BCNS :j

:j :j Congratulations!!! :j :j

I'm so so pleased for you :D I can't take any thanks though, it's been you all the way! Fab you've got a EF to start from too, all your savings goals lined up too. Go you!!
    Here's your (now mandatory) DF :coffee: and DF :bdaycake: :rotfl:
    Go get your name on the Roll of Honour, and get a shiny badge to celebrate! :T :T I'm so chuffed for you, what a fab way to finish the most drab (drabest?) month of the year ;)
    Debt at Nov 2017: £8,619 Debt at Dec 2018: £4,161 Debt at Nov 2019: £0 :)
    Look at you, reading all the small print in the signatures. Your hair is looking lovely today, even if it's a little longer. Suits you.
  • DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    1.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Well done pentacle :j:j:T:T:beer:

Bcns I loved your wine shop foray. I think sometimes these kinds if places love customers like you. Obviously not normal cliental, but willing to set a challenge and listen and learn something new.
    Loan  2431.89 July 20
    Cc 1 £1800 July 20
    Cc 2 £1575 July 20

• PentaclePentacle Forumite
    17 posts
    10 Posts
    Thank you very much. Apologies for briefly hijacking your diary with my news but I was desperate to share with you! I will post on the debt free Roll of Honour, and I am walking about with a big smile on my face!!
    661 posts
    ✭✭
    Pentacle wrote: »
    Thank you very much. Apologies for briefly hijacking your diary with my news but I was desperate to share with you! I will post on the debt free Roll of Honour, and I am walking about with a big smile on my face!!

Don't apologise at all for the well-deserved-and-totally-not-a-hijack ;) I'm very glad you did share, both PD and I are so pleased for you :D
    Look at you, reading all the small print in the signatures. Your hair is looking lovely today, even if it's a little longer. Suits you.
  • bd80sbd80s Forumite
    232 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Loving the small print in your signature BCNS, really made me chuckle this morning.
    Settled to date - 4, settled - fiend loan, target 5 - 948/723, 24%, LBS lost - 33.5
    661 posts
    ✭✭
    bd80s wrote: »
    Loving the small print in your signature BCNS, really made me chuckle this morning.

:D I will hold my hands up and say I first saw something similar on an online dating profile, many years ago ;) Alas, they were allergic to cats so it was never going to be a goer :p PD was a floofy kitten at the time, I'm not quite sure where the floof came from, or where it went, as she's definitely short-haired :rotfl:

This week has been a tough one, I even looked out my emergency resignation letter at one point :o So tired. On the plus side, I've barely spent anything and can see my wages are clearing, so I suppose it balances out. I have brought quite a lot of work home with me, as it should help lighten the load for next week, but I'm not convinced :p Much more tempting to take to my bed with PD, and a book (as opposed to my current state, of balancing a laptop on my knee, PD across me, and a mug of tea, with PD acting as a semi-functional coaster ;) [STRIKE]no I don't balance hot mugs on my cat, but she's quite handy as a brief resting spot, and I take 99% of the weight[/STRIKE]

661 posts
    ✭✭
    Things are brighter this morning ;) Didn’t sleep all that well but PD and I are curled up with a coffee and Radio 4. She’s actually under the duvet, making little happy noises, the weirdo :rotfl:

Budget sorting to do today. I’m going to have a frugal month - I have spent so long with enforced frugality, I feel I need to prove it to myself that I can do it when it isn’t a necessity. Even though it was my choice to chuck everything I had at the debt over the last two years, I treated it 95% of the time as a non-negotiable payment, so I had no choice but to stick to my budget. Still finding my feet with DF living :p
  • doingitanywaydoingitanyway Forumite
    5.9K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Budget sorting to do today. I’m going to have a frugal month - I have spent so long with enforced frugality, I feel I need to prove it to myself that I can do it when it isn’t a necessity. Even though it was my choice to chuck everything I had at the debt over the last two years, I treated it 95% of the time as a non-negotiable payment, so I had no choice but to stick to my budget. Still finding my feet with DF living :p
    Don't be too hard on yourself. I did exactly what you did and treated my debt payments as non negotiable payments and taking the foot off the gas once I became DF wasn't/isn't easy. You are doing great, really you are. Like you I am aiming to make February a frugal month. Just keep trying until you get there.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
    661 posts
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the pep talk doingitanyway :) All we can do is try!

NSD today :) Got a bad case of the "Sunday scaries" today, so I've rewritten my CV and applied for 3 jobs :o Haven't done even a quarter of what I had planned to do today, but instead I've knitted whilst binge-watching a true crime documentary on Netflix. PD has set a personal record for napping, so at least one of us has achieved something :p I'm going to have a bath later and may do some more knitting. Exciting times round here :p
  • girlatplaygirlatplay Forumite
    3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another one for a frugal February here. I get paid on the last working day of the month every month, including December, and I manage to budget almost fine 11 months of the year so how on earth I got through the whole of the food budget by mid-January this year I just don't know. I have all the receipts so when I get some down time I'll check them over. I know it's right but I'm just thinking blinkin' heck what went wrong?!

You (and PD) are doing a superb job. You'll get settled with the budget soon.
    Loan (£7,500) current balance: £4,423.18 :: Original DFD 01/12/2023 Expected DFD 01/04/2023
    IO Mortgage current balance: £87,390