Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

Going, going...still going! - Page 38

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Going, going...still going!

edited 29 November 2019 at 8:03PM in Debt Free Diaries
961 replies 69.8K views

Replies

• BlackCoffeeNoSugarBlackCoffeeNoSugar Forumite
    701 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Thanks Babystepper! It's definitely looking smaller than it was before ;) I know what I'm like though, and I do have to keep reminding myself that a smaller debt total doesn't mean the debt can look after itself - just need to keep going to get it gone once and for all!

Treated myself to a Calippo today, and some Dreamies for PD, but NSD otherwise :)
    Debt at Nov 2017: £8,619 Debt at Dec 2018: £4,161 Debt at Nov 2019: £0 Debt at Dec 2020: £900 (for now)
    A perpetual work in progress.
  • mark55manmark55man Forumite
    6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    The kids loved Calippo's - and so did I they were only 80p instead of £1.50 for a magnum. My local tesco's has 4 white magnums for £1.50 which was a deal !! - might have just finished one !!
    I think I saw you in an ice-cream parlour/Drinking milk shakes cold & long/Smiling & waving & looking so fine
    Weight 17/01/2021:95.5kg - YTD: -1kg, Trips to tip: 02/52 - Rooms Painted: 0/4 - Steps >5000: 2/300
    Debt 01/01/2021:-£107.5K - YTD (17/01): [email protected]%:{PDBX21 #26} £550/£12299 - {MFW21 #57} OP Pot: £2.7K/£102K
    Decrease in Total Debt 2016:£13.4K 2017:£8.3K 2018:£20K 2019:£16K 2020:£37.5K 2021 (Repaid YTD): £1.8K
    701 posts
    ✭✭
    I love them! I really love the coconut water ones from Ald, but they are too moreish, so I can't buy them or else I just eat all 4 :o

4 magnums for £1.50 is a bargain! I do like an almond magnum, but can't quite justify buying them...and I have the table manners of a small child, so my sofa would be covered in melty chocolate shards :p

PD is very content with her Dreamies ;) Although she has just spilt some herbal tea across the coffee table, and there is a series of wet paw marks to match :rotfl:
    Debt at Nov 2017: £8,619 Debt at Dec 2018: £4,161 Debt at Nov 2019: £0 Debt at Dec 2020: £900 (for now)
    701 posts
    ✭✭
    NSD today :)

Still no luck on the job front, but early days yet, and did get some useful feedback on an application. Got a few to apply for this week, and we'll see where that takes me. No prospect of time off at the moment as others are taking the start of the school hols, but hoping I can get a day somewhere. Really feel I need it, as I'm sleeping more and more at the moment, and that's definitely a sign of being a bit burnt out.

Seeing my brother tomorrow, for the first time in a while. We're getting a coffee nearby so tomorrow won't be a NSD. If it were someone else, I'd invite them round, but as he's likely to bring a child, and they aren't very gentle, so best to leave PD unscathed! :o
  • mark55manmark55man Forumite
    6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    That’s good that you are getting feedback. It shows you are close or they wouldn’t bother.

Enjoy time seeing your bro.
    I think I saw you in an ice-cream parlour/Drinking milk shakes cold & long/Smiling & waving & looking so fine
    Weight 17/01/2021:95.5kg - YTD: -1kg, Trips to tip: 02/52 - Rooms Painted: 0/4 - Steps >5000: 2/300
    Debt 01/01/2021:-£107.5K - YTD (17/01): [email protected]%:{PDBX21 #26} £550/£12299 - {MFW21 #57} OP Pot: £2.7K/£102K
    Decrease in Total Debt 2016:£13.4K 2017:£8.3K 2018:£20K 2019:£16K 2020:£37.5K 2021 (Repaid YTD): £1.8K
  • edited 11 July 2019 at 6:46PM
    BlackCoffeeNoSugarBlackCoffeeNoSugar Forumite
    701 posts
    ✭✭
    edited 11 July 2019 at 6:46PM
    NSD today :) Put a wee £5 payment to my CC as a result - before it didn't seem to make too much of a difference to the overall total, but they are starting to look a bit more substantial now.

It was interesting catching up with bro - we have very different viewpoints on many things, and attitudes, but live and let live... ;) Lots of well-meaning but utterly useless advice featured as per usual, ah well!

In other news, just looking forward to the weekend, really! Got a risotto baking in the oven (I know, it's sacrilegious, but it's very good!) which will do about 4 meals, depending on how much I eat of it tonight...and there's still a callippo in the freezer ;)[Edit: sacrilegious = delicious ;)]

Sometimes I think that I really must have the most boring diary on here, especially reading the above back...but debt-busting is boring, no matter how much people will try to convince me otherwise!
  • JennyJukesJennyJukes Forumite
    314 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    ✭✭
    NSD today :) Put a wee £5 payment to my CC as a result - before it didn't seem to make too much of a difference to the overall total, but they are starting to look a bit more substantial now.

It was interesting catching up with bro - we have very different viewpoints on many things, and attitudes, but live and let live... ;) Lots of well-meaning but utterly useless advice featured as per usual, ah well!

In other news, just looking forward to the weekend, really! Got a risotto baking in the oven (I know, it's sacrilegious, but it's very good!) which will do about 4 meals, depending on how much I eat of it tonight...and there's still a callippo in the freezer ;)[Edit: sacrilegious = delicious ;)]

Sometimes I think that I really must have the most boring diary on here, especially reading the above back...but debt-busting is boring, no matter how much people will try to convince me otherwise!
    Sometimes I think the same - of how boring I must sound to others, especially as I'm in my 20's and don't want to go out drinking and spending money every weekend like them!
    But, I actually find it fun? Whilst my ex brags about spending £400 on a suit for a wedding (that isn't even his or a close relative) I'm bragging about getting free teabags. Debt busting and being frugal actually is fun and interesting to me, I love learning new tips and seeing what I can do with very little!
    Saving for:
    Emergency Fund: Complete :j
    House Deposit: On-Going
    Second-Hand Replacement Car: On-Going
    And whatever else the future brings... :)
    701 posts
    ✭✭
    That's very admirable Jenny, good for you. Still won't convince me it's not a dull ol' treadmill though! ;)
  • enthusiasticsaverenthusiasticsaver Forumite, Board Guide
    11.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting close to that £2k mark now. Are you still paying £300 a month or are you building up the EF? Does the deal expire in December or have you transferred to another deal?
    Early retired in December 2017

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages and Endowments, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected]
    701 posts
    ✭✭
    I'm back up to paying £320 a month now, last month was the only EF top-up I'm planning (and it should go to the CC towards the end of the year anyway). This will go out later this month.

Current 0% deal is until 25th Dec, and if I only pay the £320 per month until then, I'll have £550 left to pay at the end of the deal, which I'm planning to cover with the EF...or if it comes to it, I can pay interest for a month. I have an 'empty' CC with constant 0% BT deals, but the 4% fee it would cost to BT at that point would cost me more than the interest will (£22 fee cf £12 interest). I'll evaluate closer to the time, but that's my thinking at the moment.

Also keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be in a higher paying job by the end of the year too, and if that's the case, I'm planning to keep my current budget going, and will chuck any salary increase to the CC.