Forum Home » Debt-Free Wannabe » Debt Free Diaries

Going, going...still going! - Page 15

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Going, going...still going!

edited 29 November 2019 at 9:03PM in Debt Free Diaries
861 replies 61.5K views

Replies

• BabyStepperBabyStepper Forumite
    533 posts
    500 Posts First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Great job having the emergency fund there to deal with it. You're right, that's what it's there for.
    May 2018 £21,228.07/March 2020 £0

100% paid
  • doingitanywaydoingitanyway Forumite
    5.7K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    HMRC debt isn't nice but well done you for having the emergency fund in place.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
  • Hope you're doing ok BlackCoffee, lucky you had the emergency fund to take care of the HMRC debt.
    I had a similar experience earlier this week when I received a bill for the grounds maintenance, I still haven't worked out how often this comes (maybe twice a year) but I always forget so that's £50 I have to factor in to next month's budget.

Hope you have a relaxing weekend and small paws doesn't cause too much mischief! x
    Wobbling my way out of debt one month at a time

Credit Card £2,700/£3,161 0% interest
    Loan £4,506/£23,179 5.4% 9 payments left to go :smiley:
    Total £7,206/£26,340 72% PAID

wobbling-my-way-out-of-debt

• Thank you all for the support! I'm in a far cheerier mood today and I'm determined that this won't set me back. A year or two ago, this would have put me in a bit of a spin because I'd have gone out and bought something to cheer me up - not something big, but some frippery I didn't need (looking at you, posh candles). I've really kicked that mindset into touch now - I'm just more determined to crack this once and for all.

I've been out today and done some volunteering. My newbies are coming along so well, so that's nice to see!

Home now for some lunch - small paws were dipped in my (thankfully cooling) coffee earlier, so I need to clean the beige walls that caught the splatter :p I keep hoping she'll grow out of it...but it's 8 years and counting, so looking less and less likely! :D
    Debt at Nov 2017: £8,619 Debt at Dec 2018: £4,161 Debt at Nov 2019: £0 :)
    Look at you, reading all the small print in the signatures. Your hair is looking lovely today, even if it's a little longer. Suits you.
  • DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    1.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Lol at your candle addiction. I have never really understood people who have loads of them. I like standing in the shop smelling them but that's my limit. So well done on resisting.

Bah to owing tax money. But yey to emergency fund. I must admit I am loathe to use mine, even for an emergency. Amazing where I can find money from before using it I think.

Anyway, today is a new day keep looking forwards.
    Loan 5800 May 20
    Cc 1 £1900 May 20
    Cc 2 £1600 May 20

• Quick post to keep me accountable - another NSD on the cards :)

I really should be cracking on with my to do list... but I’m still in bed :o (could be considered to be MSE, as very few opportunities to spend money!)

Coffee and a book to hand, and a purring snuggley bundle on my chest... I may be here a while :p

Edit: cross post with you drawingaline, thank you, I’m taking advice from you and your user name ;)
    Look at you, reading all the small print in the signatures. Your hair is looking lovely today, even if it's a little longer. Suits you.
  • Did eventually get up :p

My CC app has been updated - I'm not sure I'm a fan of the new look, the old one had a very helpful dial which showed the balance against the limit. Looking at the numbers is a bit boring - I might make my own pie chart in Excel :D [strike]yes, I'm a nerd like that[/strike]

I've transferred over £14 so I'm now at a nice round £3500 to pay off - that means I've paid off 60% of my total.

Onwards and downwards! :)
  • 60% paid off! Well done BlackCoffee :T
    Wobbling my way out of debt one month at a time

Credit Card £2,700/£3,161 0% interest
    Loan £4,506/£23,179 5.4% 9 payments left to go :smiley:
    Total £7,206/£26,340 72% PAID

wobbling-my-way-out-of-debt

• astrocytic_kittenastrocytic_kitten Forumite
    207 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    60% is amazing!

I’m a big fan of a spreadsheet. Preferably colour coded and involving pivot charts :rotfl:
    Total debt: 11,096 (May 2020) / 14,377 (Dec 2019) / 23,167 (Dec 2018)
  • mark88manmark88man Forumite
    5.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plus 1 for a good pivot chart
    I think I saw you in an ice-cream parlour - Drinking milk shakes cold and long - Smiling and waving and looking so fine (5 years - Bowie)
    Weight/Health - 1/1/2020 - 121kg : 30/04/2020 - 105Kg
    End 19: CC:[email protected]% - Car Loan:[email protected]% - Mort:[email protected]% = £140K
    Decrease in Total Debt 2016:£13.4K 2017:£8.3K 2018:£20K 2019:£16K