Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Elite: Is this table taken please? - Page 546

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Elite: Is this table taken please?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
15.3K replies 576.7K views

Replies

• FruitteaFruittea Forumite
    952 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Sleazy wrote: »
    I shall be on here for a bit and then a walk perhaps (nice & sunny here too)

That's good Sleazy - nice to know someone is around.

We don't seem to be getting very many bargains at the mo. Still I have plenty of stock. I bothered to do a freezer audit this week and I could carry on for quite a time. I seem to do very well on the produce side of things. Had Special K and home dried apple this morning. Not your cup of tea I know. As you always seem to be off to Weatherspoons. If there a reason for that or is it just one of lives little pleasures?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi Fruittea, haven't had cereal for breakfast for ages, although I do like it.

My reason for Wetherspoons is that otherwise I don't see other humans sometimes!
    I also only drink de-caf at home, so my morning real coffee is my caffeine fix!
    £1.45 for unlimited refills isn't bad either - cheaper in some places :). Food wise, rarely do I have more than scrambled egg on toast or a veggie sausage toastie. Friday, I'm planning to be in Bubbs town :rotfl:, and shall probably have a full veggie brekkie ....

Feel too lazy to go and walk now btw .... :o
  • emerald21emerald21 Forumite
    11.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fruittea wrote: »
    Hi Emerald
    Do you think the Elite will ever come back over here?

Hi some do both like me but it's not a patch on how it used to be is it.
    952 posts
    ✭✭✭

My reason for Wetherspoons is that otherwise I don't see other humans sometimes!
    £1.45 for unlimited refills isn't bad either - cheaper in some places :). Food wise, rarely do I have more than scrambled egg on toast or a veggie sausage toastie. Friday, I'm planning to be in Bubbs town :rotfl:, and shall probably have a full veggie brekkie ....

Thanks for the update Sleazy. Impressed at the price of the coffee. Next time I go into Stroud I will pop in to the weatherspoons and give it a try.

Must be nice having the pub close by. Our village pub closed last year but is supposed to be opening on Mothers Day - hope the managers are better than the last lot. I live in a village with only 35 houses - so I know what you mean about seeing people. Here if you pop your head out someone nabs you for something.

Not too late for that walk Sleaz. I'm off to the allotment for an hour - it's only five minutes away in the next village.
    All the best.
    952 posts
    ✭✭✭
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Hi some do both like me but it's not a patch on how it used to be is it.

Thanks Emerald - I keep popping in to the other place but as you say - it's not quite the same.

I seem to miss quite a few names.
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Thanks for the update Sleazy. Impressed at the price of the coffee. Next time I go into Stroud I will pop in to the weatherspoons and give it a try.

Must be nice having the pub close by. Our village pub closed last year but is supposed to be opening on Mothers Day - hope the managers are better than the last lot. I live in a village with only 35 houses - so I know what you mean about seeing people. Here if you pop your head out someone nabs you for something.

Not too late for that walk Sleaz. I'm off to the allotment for an hour - it's only five minutes away in the next village.
    All the best.

I fell asleep. I was cold and got under the duvet .... :rotfl:
    Boss has another long day at school so said I'll go pick her up. Might walk in evening, but feels like a big might at the moment ... :D

Wetherspoons in Stroud is called 'The Lord John' I believe, and coffee is £1.25 so you're lucky. In 'Bubbs town' it's only £1.10, cheapest I've found it anywhere.
    I'm not mean btw, just careful with my brass and only waste it on the wife.
  • Enterprise_1701CEnterprise_1701C Forumite
    23.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No-one on here would criticise you for saving money Sleazy! Whereas we might criticise you for saying you 'waste' it on your wife ......... :D
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • bubbsbubbs Forumite
    62.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning. Nice sunny day in Gloucestershire. Anyone interested in growing things - I have an allotment so very keen. Bragging now that I have all my tomatoes coming up well.

I'm off the garden centre later to get the last of my potatoes and then down to the allotment.
    Anyone care to share their hobbies.
    My hobby is eating:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

h if i'd have know i would have shut the rd:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I fell asleep. I was cold and got under the duvet .... :rotfl:
    Boss has another long day at school so said I'll go pick her up. Might walk in evening, but feels like a big might at the moment ... :D

Wetherspoons in Stroud is called 'The Lord John' I believe, and coffee is £1.25 so you're lucky. In 'Bubbs town' it's only £1.10, cheapest I've found it anywhere.
    I'm not mean btw, just careful with my brass and only waste it on the wife.

We are cheap here:rotfl::rotfl:

Evening all :D
    We are going theatre tomorrow and out for dinner:D:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D
    ::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • SunshinemummySunshinemummy Forumite
    17.4K posts

I often meet the girls at Wetherspoons... for a coffee that lasts 3 hours!
    :D:D:D:D
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    bubbs wrote: »
    My hobby is eating:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

h if i'd have know i would have shut the rd:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

We are cheap here:rotfl::rotfl:

Evening all :D
    We are going theatre tomorrow and out for dinner:D:D

I thought you said that that hubby is eating! :D