Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Elite: Is this table taken please? - Page 414

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Elite: Is this table taken please?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
15.3K replies 575.3K views

Replies

• marmitelovemehatememarmitelovemehateme Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    tweets wrote: »
    Neither do I :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Fixed I tell ya its fixed :mad:

See you got it easy again will be seeing blue moon :(

The reds have their mojo back.....It may be a blood moon yet.:D
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Enterprise_1701CEnterprise_1701C Forumite
    23.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleazy wrote: »
    Well Bob says that he's not 'stinky' either! He has a few nice names too, but only Sleazy and him understand them over their 'special channel'. Got all his bits, but he was 'done' when he was young, so a clean living cat, constantly grooming himself.

Lived in 3 different houses and never wandered much. Him I mean, not his dad, but wife is a bit jealous of our 'special relationship' :D. If he comes in, always comes straight to greet me even if we've been together all day. She's usually second.

Good morning Enterprise & Emerald.

Coffee (no sugar) and toasted teacake (lots of butter) ok for you Emerald?
    Sorry Enterprise, but I don't know what your tastes are .....

I am around, just playing Candy :rotfl::rotfl:

Would love a nice cup of English Breakfast, and a toasted teacake would be wonderful please Sleazy :D

I have just chickened out of cycling to meet my mate, getting a lift instead, it is just too darned cold out there and I would not get warmed up until about half way there at least today :eek:
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Sarahdol75Sarahdol75 Forumite
    7.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarah, did you realise that you've just made 7007 posts. Well, a few more actually, but I see you've done some housekeeping.

7007 is a very special number anyway.
    Today will likely be a good day for you ... :j

No I hadnt realised that.

Not sure it will be a good day today Harley haircut has had to be postponed, the lady who does it, her dog is having puppies, 6 so far this morning.

I am going to be wondering what good is going to happen today :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Sarahdol75Sarahdol75 Forumite
    7.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning, In case you haven't noticed its cold but nice and sunny at the moment. Snow apparently is on the way. :eek::eek:

Thankfully I'm not going anywhere today. 1st job, catch up:D

So they keep saying, but it can stay in Scotland, I really dont want it. I am housebound when snow comes. It scared me years ago, when I was out driving and it came down thick and fast. Since then, I never go out in the car, which is a pain because I live in a village with a tiny shop that sells hardly anything :rotfl::rotfl: at ridiculous prices, that I wont buy.
  • HeatherleaHeatherlea Forumite
    539 posts
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    A late good morning from me. No snow here, only cold rain and totally different weather to yesterday.

Tweets - I hope you made it to and from work without slipping.

Sorry you had a bad night Sleazy. Those horrid dreams are hard to shift from your memory during the night. I used to have a recurring nightmare when I was younger and can still remember it vividly now.

I think I'm too late for Sleazy's breakfast now, so will have to see what's on offer at lunchtime.
  • emerald21emerald21 Forumite
    11.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well Bob says that he's not 'stinky' either! He has a few nice names too, but only Sleazy and him understand them over their 'special channel'. Got all his bits, but he was 'done' when he was young, so a clean living cat, constantly grooming himself.

Lived in 3 different houses and never wandered much. Him I mean, not his dad, but wife is a bit jealous of our 'special relationship' :D. If he comes in, always comes straight to greet me even if we've been together all day. She's usually second.

Good morning Enterprise & Emerald.

Coffee (no sugar) and toasted teacake (lots of butter) ok for you Emerald?
    Sorry Enterprise, but I don't know what your tastes are .....

Yes siree 😀
  • emerald21emerald21 Forumite
    11.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heatherlea wrote: »
    A late good morning from me. No snow here, only cold rain and totally different weather to yesterday.

Sorry you had a bad night Sleazy. Those horrid dreams are hard to shift from your memory during the night. I used to have a recurring nightmare when I was younger and can still remember it vividly now.

I think I'm too late for Sleazy's breakfast now, so will have to see what's on offer at lunchtime.

I have cracking dreams I'm always either struggling in them,can't reach someone on the phone as I can't remember the number or working hard. Only once did I have a nice dream where I was about to tuck into lots if nice food yes you ve guessed it I woke up:o
  • tweetstweets Forumite
    35.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heatherlea wrote: »

Well I am home wasn't to bad walking to work :)

Then just before 11-45 the snow came heavier and heavier and was sticking :eek:

Headmaster which is unusual for him shut school 1-15pm because it was bad on roads and coming thick and fast.

1-25pm I sign out and decided bus wouldn't be running so set off walking looking for bus as I walked . Didn't see it then I went off bus track walking getting snow blown in my face.

Gets on my street nearly home looks around and see bus crawling trying to get up street :rotfl:

I normally am home 1-45 to 2pm time today 2-35 Poppy didn't get her afternoon home from walk I just wanted get in and warm up .

But I made it without falling tomorrow is another day :D
  • tweetstweets Forumite
    35.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Afternoon :hello:

Sleazy only thing I bought home from work was homemade by me coleslaw . Made it Monday and have to throw away after 2 days .

Kids ate spag bog and cheesy pasta bake sorree :(

Curl girl watch out for snow you will get it deep :)
  • HeatherleaHeatherlea Forumite
    539 posts
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    tweets wrote: »
    Well I am home wasn't to bad walking to work :)

Then just before 11-45 the snow came heavier and heavier and was sticking :eek:

Headmaster which is unusual for him shut school 1-15pm because it was bad on roads and coming thick and fast.

1-25pm I sign out and decided bus wouldn't be running so set off walking looking for bus as I walked . Didn't see it then I went off bus track walking getting snow blown in my face.

Gets on my street nearly home looks around and see bus crawling trying to get up street :rotfl:

I normally am home 1-45 to 2pm time today 2-35 Poppy didn't get her afternoon home from walk I just wanted get in and warm up .

But I made it without falling tomorrow is another day :D
    Glad you made it home safely without incident and walking too. I bet you were frozen. We had 5 minutes of heavy snow at lunchtime and had a few flurries an hour or so ago. It's definitely not going to come to anything in this area, although I can see lots of snow on fells near us from the bedroom window. I'm just hoping it's not too hard a frost overnight as the ground is very wet.