Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Elite: Is this table taken please? - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Elite: Is this table taken please?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
15.3K replies 575.2K views

Replies

• TinyshoesTinyshoes Forumite
    29K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davemorton wrote: »
    Well I best get back to keep the wheels of industry turning, dont drink all of the wine TS, I will be back for more.

I am meant to be doing other stuff too so will be back later myself.

Hope someone will keep the glasses washed and go out and buy packet of biscuits for Poppy to keep behind the bar. :)
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
  • tbwtbw Forumite
    5.1K posts
    davemorton wrote: »
    Well I best get back to keep the wheels of industry turning, dont drink all of the wine TS, I will be back for more.

I'm a bit too confused to care what I drink - a glass of anything alcoholic will do just fine.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
  • TG finally found my way in! Hope the others locate the new venue too. Just a little white wine for me thanks.
  • ZincoZinco Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Zinco wrote: »
    You can't, but you can re-title it, if you edit, then click advanced options.

You could re-title it as Please Delete. ?
  • shirley999shirley999 Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    It's nice and warm in here, thanks for the welcome. :)
  • Dizzy_DitzyDizzy_Ditzy Forumite, Board Guide
    17.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Ok how do I delete a thread I started? :eek:

D'you want me to delete it for you? :D
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator do not read every post. If you spot an iffy post please report it to [email protected]

• edited 30 November 2018 at 2:53PM
    SweetnSavvySweetnSavvy Forumite
    724 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    edited 30 November 2018 at 2:53PM
    Hi All,

Glad I found you. I’ll make do with a tea for now but will try something stronger later.

Thanks DM.

SnS
  • edited 30 November 2018 at 2:41PM
    fuzzgun19fuzzgun19 Forumite
    7.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 November 2018 at 2:41PM
    Hellooooo!

T&C on the Gweggy bake says you can get any available savoury..

B0-B059-A3-4-F2-E-4-CF3-BF79-B93-BB359320-E.png
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zinco wrote: »
    You could re-title it as Please Delete. ?

Or as 'Please d'Elite'?

:rotfl:

So..... what's with the mass migration? Are you all flying south for the winter? :D
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• tweetstweets Forumite
    35.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you lot trying to get me on the bottle ? :p

I have enough things twirling around in my head without playing hide and seek.

Poppy says thanks for the biscuits

20181010-203341.jpg