Credit Reports

Options
Hi there, I applied to experian for a copy of my credit file, received it today but was surprised to note it only listed my details. I remember getting these before and it listed every member in my family, but this time only me :rolleyes: I wonder when did they change that? I guess, it's a way of making more money for them to request £2 for each member's report URGH!! :mad:
Ben ;)

"Thanks Martin for opening my eyes"

‹( •¿• )›

Comments

• Willsnarf1983
    Willsnarf1983 Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    Options
    if that is the case i am gald they have changed it i wud hate to see my parents and other memebers of the family and vice versa...at a guess its prob more down to the data protection act

Will
    SShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What's on my credit report? :

'Information about other people
    Your file may include financial information about members of your family who live, or have lived, with you. Lenders can take this information into account when assessing an application you make for credit. By law this information must be included on your credit file because you must be shown all the information that is available to lenders, whether or not they use it.

The rules on using information about other people are changing and, in the future, financial information about other people will not be included on your file. After these changes have been made, only your own credit history, and that of anyone you share a financial responsibility with, will be provided to a lender.'

I heard that these changes has already started recently...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure