good garages in edinburgh

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
3 replies 4.7K views
rich1000rich1000 Forumite
257 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
hi, can anyone recommend a good garage in Edinburgh that would give me a fair/good price to repair my car..

At the moment i'm needed the rear springs replaced for the suspension and i need 4 brake pads and 2 brake discs.

One garage i took it too said they would do it for 300 hundred inc labour costs and vat..

Replies

• Peter-Pan_5Peter-Pan_5 Forumite
    380 Posts
    The worst thing about garages in Edinburgh the business rates are horrendous so you pay a lot of money,you may be better going o/s Edinburgh.

Stenhouse Motor Engineers Slateford Road,top of Chesser Avenue. are good but a tad expensive
    A wise man changes his mind, a fool never will.
    El sabio muda el consejo, el necio no.
  • I can sympathise!!

I've tried quite a few garages in Edinburgh, with varying levels of service and price.

The best one I have found is Hi-Q McCohnehy's (I think that's how you spell it!) in Sighthill. They helped me out quite a bit with a lot of repairs my car needed.
    Snootchie Bootchies!
  • there's one on easter road next to a big DIY store i'd strongly reccomend staying well clear of.labour rates appear reasonable but when working there we were told to buy the cheapest parts,get the dearest prices and at least double them before giving quotes. obviously dont want to name names. the staff are well trained but the owners can only be described as mercenary, think the current tv ad about who's looking after your money....
    wiznae me,ah didnae dae it,naebody saw me dae it,cannae prove nuffin.... :D AND IF THEY CAN I'LL BLAME THE VOICES... :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda

MSE Deals