Forum Home » Insurance & Life Assurance

Single driver multi car insurance recommendations

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Single driver multi car insurance recommendations

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
2 replies 367 views
henrygregoryhenrygregory Forumite
480 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
Hi there, I am on my own, have a 140k old diesel which, thankfully is still running. I use it every day to commute to work. I do around 110 mile round trip each day and park in a tight London car park where cars are often scraped and doors dented. Having done so many miles, it has got the odd scratch and mark which I am not fussed about.

I know this car won't last me forever, but it is still going, and I would like to get a second vehicle (not brand new) to use when I am not driving to work, for local non-work things. Something which is a little more presentable.

My current insurer; ESure can do multi car insurance, but to be honest, it is quite expensive. If I were to get a second car, the mileage I would do on it would be very little and the risk of my making a claim would be far lower than the older one I take in and out of London.

Can anyone recommend any insurance companies for such a situation that I can look into? I have been driving for about 12 years, have no previous claims on file and I think I have 8 or 9 years of NCB.

Replies