Gladstone solicitors parking charge

Hey guys.

I have my letter before claim letter from Gladstone Solicitors. I have two car parking spaces which is my land on my deeds of my property. I have two car parking charges 25th March 2018 and the 27th march 2018. Both for £160 each. Basically I try to ring these people and can’t get through, and they haven’t replied to my email. I want to know what you think and what would be my next move? They are my car parking spaces and I own that land?

Please help guys

Thanks

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    36.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont bother ringing them, that would be futile

read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, post #22 , construct an LBC rebuttal and send them that with a free certificate of posting fgrom the P.O.

also read recent LBC rebuttals as one of those may be all that is needed

which idiot Parking Company (PPC) issued the pcn,s ?

send the PPC a free SAR under the GDPR requesting all documents, pictures , signage details, landowner contracts etc

ps:- are you sure they are from GLADRAGS and nor DRPL ?

does the reference start with a 1 ?
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Thanks for the quick response. It’s 100% from Gladstone, both car parking charges for £160. I think one was issued at 3.00am, madness. Do I send a email or a letter?
  • edited 1 October 2018 at 1:35AM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 October 2018 at 1:35AM
    I have two car parking spaces which is my land on my deeds of my property.
    Why are you agreeing to them entering your land and why have you (presumably) agreed to display a permit and this make yourself potentially open to their scam fines? Stop that situation immediately, stop implying that you consent to this scam.
    Basically I try to ring these people and can’t get through, and they haven’t replied to my email.
    Don't ring them!

Send a response by letter (1st class post with free certificate of posting from the PO Counter, and keep that little receipt, and do NOT use 'signed for').

Enclose a copy of your lease where it shows you own the spaces and tell Gladstones you will sue their client if they do not cease and desist from operating an unauthorised business in your demised spaces. Enclose a Letter before Claim of your own for at least £500 and set out why you are charging that sum as a remedy for the trespass on your land and them operating a business without your authority, and add that if need be you will apply for an injunction like in Davey v UKPC and then sue their client for that cost too.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?377246-UKPC-liable-for-trespass-**SUCCESS**

Please don't be railroaded by a NEW poster called Eljayjay2 who keeps trying to spam the forum with a complicated template reply, to confuse people and to seemingly try to derail our successes here.

The new poster has a worrying fixation with steering residential cases his own way.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    36.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greendog7 wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick response. It’s 100% from Gladstone, both car parking charges for £160. I think one was issued at 3.00am, madness. Do I send a email or a letter?

so where are the answers to my questions ?

which PPC is it for a start ?

does the reference start with a 1 or a 3 ?

and the parking charges wont be more than £100 each, so any £160 charges have had a £60 fee added. so how much was the ORIGINAL charge ? ( £100 ? or less ?)

as for how you contact them it depends on who you are contacting and why , but if in doubt, use royal mail with a free certificate of posting from the P O Counter

and do as mentioned above, the LBC warning etc (as well as a SAR)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Morning guys, thanks for getting back to me. Yeah the parking company is : PARKING AND PROPERTY MANAGMENT LIMITED. The reference number started with a 1
    Yeah the original parking ticket was for £100. And now plus £60 for time the client has spent to recover the debt.

So basically a letter sent 1st class to Gladstone? Is the next step?

Thanks again
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    16.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redx wrote: »
    read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, post #22 , construct an LBC rebuttal and send them that with a free certificate of posting from the P.O.
    That should be post #2
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be my first step, and would never have 'accepted' a permit scheme:
    Why are you agreeing to them entering your land and why have you (presumably) agreed to display a permit and this make yourself potentially open to their scam fines? Stop that situation immediately, stop implying that you consent to this scam.

And yes, a letter or email to Gs.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides