Parking Eye possible fine to come?

edited 30 September 2018 at 11:34AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
3 replies 307 views
paulstevopaulstevo Forumite
41 Posts
Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
edited 30 September 2018 at 11:34AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Hi all,
Have read through previous threads but cannot find comprehensive answer plus bit of an iffy ticket also.
I parked up in Liverpool yesterday paid for 3 hours on ticket and left well before that time expired .
When i purchased the ticket i gave it a quick glance and it seems ok .
However upon inspection it looks as if either i have input wrong Reg for car by one letter which instead of ending 67NTT it shows 67NST or ticket seems smudged maybe due to it being in my jeans pocket and smudging slightly?
Reading up on Parking eye im sure im going to receive a fine.
Firstly will i have to pay £100 or do i have a case.
Thanks Paul
see picture of ticket
https://imgur.com/a/mifYHCq

Replies

• The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not a fine it is a scam, it is also a very trifling matter, and the Law does not concern itself with trifles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_minimis

A claim for breach of contract is likely to make a judge very cross. Especially as technology exists to prevent such errors.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • onlyfoolsandparkingonlyfoolsandparking Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Loads of threads on here regarding inputting wrong VRN and are you saying you haven't received anything yet? If not then nothing to do, well you could have a good read around the newbies section and other threads that relate to your circumstances in preparation for what you might?? receive.

Not a 'FINE' by the way, an 'INVOICE' issued by a particularly nasty parking scammer Parking Lie!!!

By reading on here you will learn (as I have) that parking on private land is more dangerous than playing Russian roulette!!
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    When i purchased the ticket i gave it a quick glance and it seems ok .
    However upon inspection it looks as if either i have input wrong Reg for car by one letter which instead of ending 67NTT it shows 67NST or ticket seems smudged maybe due to it being in my jeans pocket and smudging slightly?
    Read threads you find with this forum search:

Rectification Notice inaccurate VRN data

You will see the extra thing to to, to ask PE to 'rectify' the inaccurate data their MACHINE KEYS (not you) caused. And that complaint goes to their Privacy Team (see PE's website) at the same time as submitting the usual template appeal as keeper, on their appeals page.

Check the back of the PCN if one arrives in 14 days, for POFA wording (or not!).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News