UKPC CCJ affecting credit, What can I do? Please help!

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I'm in need of help right now and greatly appreciated anyone who can spend a bit of time giving me some advice.

Basically, back in 2016 I got some parking fines on my car, outside my workplace! I had correctly displayed the permit given to me by my employer but when I tried to ring UKPC about it they said they can't be seen in the photos. I had numerous telephone conversations with all different people and even tried to explain I'm parked outside my own workplace which has a car park! Extremely frustrating!!

Anyways, eventually SCS Law send out some county papers, which at the time, I had not idea what they meant. but because they looked all scary I signed them sent them back and just paid £675 after yet another rant for over an hour to Mr Yaqoub. it drove me crazy! but to get rid of it I paid.

At the time I had no idea what a CCJ was, what all of this meant or even the fact that all these forums even existed!

fast forward to last week. I tried to apply for a credit card and got declined! Turns out I have a CCJ on file. Now after some research it turns out there may be a glimmer of hope.

so Apparently it's possible to get it removed if paid within a month. The date on the letter from the courts to sign and hand back within 14 days is 17 November. Bu the cover letter from SCS Law is dated 29 November. I paid £675 no 10 January 2017. can I get this removed by asking the courts to and paying for it?

Or if not, apparently I could also get it set aside which would cost £255 and maybe they'll hear me out? but could it be too late for this now? nearly 2 years after?

I'm not too fussed about the cost as long as it's not stupid amounts. I just want to be able to get a credit card and mortgage to buy my first house.

Any help at all would be so so appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• zx81zx81 Forumite
    33.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you paid it within 30 days of the CCJ being granted, it would have beenNremoved for your files.

But it doesn't look like you did.

What would be your case for a set aside?

Get a credit card from a sub prime provider to start building some history.
  • pogofishpogofish Forumite
    10.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to get this into the Parking Tickets Subforum here and start by carefully reading the Newbies Sticky to get properly informed.

Then look into the recent threads on Set Aside, to see if you can still challenge this properly.
  • azqw204azqw204 Forumite
    10 Posts
    When I check my credit reports on MSE’s credit club, I’m getting 20/12/2016 as the date. My payment was within a momth of that?

I can’t seem to find this anywhere, done alot of searching. The dates all appear to be so different ��
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    If you're sure you paid within a month you need to either contact the DCA or the court that was handling the CCJ and ask for it to be removed.
  • sourcratessourcrates Forumite, Board Guide
    24.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moved to parking forum.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File and Ratings, Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to:
    [email protected].
    Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    "I don`t trust Bankers, I don`t trust Banks, and I don`t trust you.........Private Frazer".
    For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, CitizensAdviceBureaux.
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Could we see the original court letter so we can check the dates?
  • waamowaamo Forumite
    10.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like the date on the credit club is the date the ccj was registered not the date you were ordered to pay by.

Your post is a little confusing as to what happened and on what date but it looks like you paid after the 30 day timeframe.

Just to be sure can you post the exact dates when everything happened.

I suspect you are out of time to do anything but it doesn't hurt to check.
  • azqw204azqw204 Forumite
    10 Posts
    The claim form showing the claimant as UKPC and mysef as the defendant is dated: 17 November 2016.

Letter from SCS law enclosing the claim for and particulars is dated: 29 november 2016.

I can’t quite recall when I received these in the post however.

As far as I remember I rang up after reciving these using the contact details on yhe letter from SCS Law and I made the payment on 10 January 2017.

I didn’t pay the courts whatsoever, the payment went directly to UKPC. My bank shows that too.

I really really appreciate all the help guys! Thank You
    On my credit report, it shows the “Judgement sate” as 20/12/2016

I can’t find a way to upload images on here
  • edited 2 October 2018 at 3:39PM
    nosferatu1001nosferatu1001 Forumite
    13K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 October 2018 at 3:39PM
    You "break" links, so you replace HTTP with HXXP. We then fix it. Do not make more alterations than that!

You are so far out of time for a set aside it is laughable. You knew of the jdgement a year and a half ago, you cannot wait until now.

If you didnt pay within one month of the JUDGEMENT date, then you are out of luck for 6 years. You habe no hope whatsoever of convinginc a court to grant a set aside. None.
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    36.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    use tinypic to host images and change http to hxxp as detailed above

but with it being so long ago , I doubt that you have grounds for a set aside, meaning it stays on record for 6 years

plus you waited more than one month to pay it , hence why its on your record
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides