Just wanted to say 'Thanks'

Thanks you all for the great advice/tips etc on MSE!

My debt is minor compared to most people posting on here, ie i have no mortgage etc.....but it was/is a major concern for me as income isn't that high....hubby is working fulltime, but i'm a SAHM of 2 kiddies.....

anyway....

We seem to have turned a corner, have a good grip on finances now....not saving anything yet but at least bills/debts are reducing :D

My greatest reduction so far is my bt bill (awww poor bt ;) )

in Jan it was £298.00 for that quarter....that included arrears not covered but DD, and broadband.....

Since coming here i've switched ISP to adsl4less.com ...(saving of £30 a quarter straight away :D )
Also now we redirect calls via 18866.com (last 3 mths bills total £8.50 total... saving of about £50)
and we reduced out package with bt to option1...£9.99/mth line rental...

Well today i got my bt bill and it is..............£95.17 :D:D:D a reduction of this debt of just over £200!! in 6 mths! and that wasnt due to increasing my monthly payment plan to bt either!! :j

I'm sooo chuffed!!:T :j

So again a massive THANK YOU!!!!!

Comments

• robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    well done...... keep it going.......you soon be debt free...... :)
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
  • Karma67
    Karma67 Posts: 541 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Thanks robnye :D

it's a small drop in the ocean, but at least i feel i can see some reward of my budgeting paying off :j
  • Malestrom
    Malestrom Posts: 983 Forumite
    Way to go Karma67, glad to hear that you're getting there! And thanks for the 'ThankYou', it means a lot to all of us here on the DFW board who take the time to try and help others :)
    He huihuinga taangata he pukenga whakaaro – A meeting of people; a wellspring of ideas (Maori proverb)
  • Well done Karma67, doesn't it feel great that the money is starting to go the other way! Good for you, you're well on your way now
    Quit smoking 18/08/07
  • crutches
    crutches Posts: 1,065 Forumite
    well done.youre an inspiration
    Every day above ground is a good one ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts