Moving into place with internet so what happens to current EE contract?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
4 replies 532 views
5k5b5k5b Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
Hi everybody,

I'm currently on month 7 of an 18 month fibre contact with EE but due to some issues I'll be relocating. The issue is that that place already has internet so I don't need to move my contract to the new place.

If I cancel with EE what would I have to pay? I had a look on the EE site and it says that with the plan that I have I would have to pay nearly £20 for every month that is left on my contract. Is this right?

Some advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Replies

• https://www.saga.co.uk/magazine/money/spending/consumer-rights/how-to-get-out-of-a-broadband-contract
    Read the small print
    Your broadband contract sets out your rights should you wish to cancel the service. This includes how much notice is required, how to cancel, what equipment needs to be returned and what fees must be paid if you cancel during the minimum contract term.

Termination fees
    Nearly all providers charge a termination fee if you cancel the service before the minimum agreed period has expired. Typically, you must pay all the remaining monthly subscription fees for the contract period. Even if your broadband deal has no minimum contract period, you may still be charged a cancellation fee if you cancel within the first year.
  • BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    48.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will need to pay for each outstanding month of the contract plus any early termination fee if mentioned in terms and conditions
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.[
  • JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    19.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price up your options .
    Move EE to new premises as presumably you have no contract with new premise supplier .
    Or pay off your existing contract you signed to 11 X £20
  • onomatopoeia99onomatopoeia99 Forumite
    6.5K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    5k5b wrote: »
    If I cancel with EE what would I have to pay? I had a look on the EE site and it says that with the plan that I have I would have to pay nearly £20 for every month that is left on my contract. Is this right?
    Sounds like that's what you contractually agreed to when you committed to the contract with an 18 month minimum term. The fact that you are leaving them unable to supply due to your decision to relocate does not relieve you of your obligations under the contract.

So yes, it's right, given the information you have presented here and reasonable inferences from it.
    Home is where my books are.

Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.
    Mortgage neutral target Jun 2019, achieved Dec 2018.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Top savings accounts

Up to 1.7% fixed or 0.6% easy access

MSE Guides

24 craft beers for £26 delivered

Flavourly newbies only (norm £70ish)

MSE Deals