PPI who do I claim against?

Options
In the 90's a financial advisor who worked within a local estate agent arranged what was a very good mortgage with Barclays, he advised that 'I had to' and 'it was necessary' to get this mortgage I required to take out a mortgage protection with Payment Shield which is still running, I was also advised I was required for this mortgage to take out a Critical Illness Insurance and a Life insurance Policy (2 separate policies) which are still running with Aviva, (I also now realise that both of these are covered within my Payment Shield Policy) outgoings are circa £80 ish a month all by direct debit which I had to sign up for before my mortgage was arranged and agreed. The Financial Advisor is no longer with the estate agent and not sure who my PPI claim is with and also who would be responsible for the mis-selling of the insurance policies? Help would be very much appreciated please, is it with the insurance companies or is it with Barclays?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why have you started another thread? The answers given on your previous thread earlier in the year remain unchanged.

You have no-one to complain to you. Its over. Please stop wasting the time of posters here by asking the same questions multiple times and ignoring the answers given.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure