Forum Home » Employment, Jobseeking & Training

How to calculate remaining holiday when leaving employment

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

How to calculate remaining holiday when leaving employment

1 reply 301 views
AdRockAdRock Forumite
42 posts
I am starting a new job and I need to work out how much holiday I've got left.

My annual leave starts from 1 Jan and I get 30 days including bank holidays and I've taken 12 days holiday (not including B/H). I work 5 days a week for 8 hours a day.

My last day with my current employer is 5th October.

I've tried following a formula I found online but it doesn't seem to work as it says I owe the days I've taken off.

Has anyone got a formula I can use to work it out?

Replies

• UndervaluedUndervalued Forumite
    5.8K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well there have been 6 bank holidays (New Year, two at Easter, two in May and one in August) so you have taken 18 days leave in total.

You will have worked for three quarters of the year (plus a few days)

So I make that you are entitled to 22 days so you have 4 to take before you leave.

If your employer won't let you take them they can choose to pay you for them instead. Their choice.