Some compensation already paid, can I claim again?

Options
Hi, in 2006 we took out a mortgage with the Alliance and Leicester Building society, we declined PPI. About 8 months later I noticed unrecognized payments being taken from my bank account. Several phone calls later I found out they were PPI.
I complained to the Alliance and Leicester who refunded the payments and paid an extra 50 to 100 pounds as compensation.
Given I've already received some compensation can I claim again?
Thanks for your help.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    For what?

You've had your money back plus compensation.
  • Ginger8623
    Options
    Was the amount of compensation fair? If I hadn't been paid the compensation at that time and were claiming now would I receive substantially more than the 50 to 100 pounds I was paid then?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If you were claiming now, you would probably receive nothing as they wouldn't still have records of you.

The amount you received was correct. Redress is a defined calculation.
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,890 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ginger8623 wrote: »
    Was the amount of compensation fair? If I hadn't been paid the compensation at that time and were claiming now would I receive substantially more than the 50 to 100 pounds I was paid then?

Ok then if you can get compensation twice can I get it once?

Oh wait a minute I have never paid any PPI because I knew I would be paid if I was sick so never needed it.

But that's not fair! everyone else is getting compensation why can I not get it?
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 9,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your complaint would be time barred anyway under both the 3 and 6 year rules even if you did send it in
  • Ginger8623
    Options
    OK, I've already received compensation and that's it, fair enough.
    It confirms what I've already thought.

This is my first post and it's disapointing that some who don't know me are judging my character (wrongly as it happens).
  • Ginger8623
    Options
    I haven't changed my personality, you've just chosen to interpret the text in your own way which doesn't reflect well on you.
    It's a bit rich (excuse the pun) to be accused of greed by someone who works in the much maligned financial services industry.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    Ginger8623 wrote: »
    I haven't changed my personality, you've just chosen to interpret the text in your own way which doesn't reflect well on you.
    It's a bit rich (excuse the pun) to be accused of greed by someone who works in the much maligned financial services industry.

Well, I don't work in the financial services industry, maligned or otherwise, but I'd say that greed appears to be your motivation.

And don't knock dunstonh, they're a decent chap(ess) who knows what they're on about.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

So, are you now saying that you were not after more compensation more than a decade later?

I don't work in an area of financial services that is much maligned. Indeed, the area I work in has a tiny level of complaints (around 1500 complaints at the FOS a year despite handling millions of transactions a year - most of which get rejected). Your comment is daft. Just because certain parts of an industry are not good, doesnt mean they all are like that. It is like slagging off a chef and comparing them to a McDonald's server.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Has the original post been edited?

Could have swore it said earlier that the amount of PPI premiums paid was less than £20?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure