Keeper of car moving to England/Wales with an outstanding PCN from Scotland/NI

A PCN was sent to the keeper of a vehicle in Scotland/NI.This notice, the 'final warnings' and the 'debt collectors' have all been ignored by the keeper as per advice in the newbies thread.

The keeper will be changing to an address in England/Wales in 6-8 months, does this mean they will lose the keeper privileges that exist in Scotland/NI?
Or if the keeper later receives an LBCCC will the Scotland/NI rules still apply as the both the ticket and keeper's address were in Scotland/NI at the time of sending?

The PCN was issued around summer and the move will take place around a year later.

Replies

• QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As they have 5 years to start legal proceedings you should inform them of your new address for service when you move

Otherwise you may end up not knowing about legal action against you
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Was the land relating to the parking event, in Scotland?

You could always give them a Scottish address for service (a trusted relative?).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The name of the parking company might help us give you an idea if they'll possibly do something daft. A number of those marauding in Scotland never even sue in England/Wales where the conditions to do so are now much better mapped than the rather uncharted waters north of the border.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • The company is UKPC, I know they’ve been in trouble for falsifying pictures before and lost their BPA membership for a while too.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UKPC only usually sue for multiple tickets and even then, not that many.

If they haven't served a PoFA-compliant NtK (which of course they can't in Scotland), there's no way they should be able to successfully sue the keeper, no matter where they live subsequently.

You need to make sure you're on top of anything they might send in pursuing you (even debt collector letters), so you can either give them your new address in England, or a trusted address in Scotland where the receiver of any post in your name can contact you swiftly.

You do not want to leave yourself in a position of blissful ignorance of stuff from this lot (or their henchmen) going to a former address.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides