Forum Home» Insurance & Life Assurance

Car Insurance Question - No Claims

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Car Insurance Question - No Claims

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
4 replies 438 views
Gellar2018ukGellar2018uk Forumite
2 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
Hi All

I'm in the process of renewing my car insurance. Now, I have held my driving license for 12 years. During year 7 my car blew up on the motorway and for 1 year was placed on my mothers insurance, Once I got my new car I got my new insurance for my new car.

I'm not sure if I have providing wrong information or if this is correct - but I'm hoping for confirmation. When I compare insurance I always write:

Held License for 12 Years.
Years of No Claims Bonus: 11 years.

Is this correct as I was on my mothers insurance for 1 year or should it match up? I have never claimed etc but just want to make sure I have the right information.

Thanks to all in advance,

Replies

• Morph4610Morph4610 Forumite
    151 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts
    Gellar, I'm sure your license will be correct. Assuming you claimed when your car blew up I would imagine you lost some NCB entitlement? What does your renewal notice say about your entitlement? That's really all that's relevant as that's what you have definitive proof of.
  • QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your current no claim bonus entitlement will be shown on your renewal notice.

That is the entitlement you should be declaring
  • When my car blew up - there was nothing to be done so I never claimed. I think I just cancelled my insurance or just let it continue on till it finished. Not sure if just having my NCB since i got my new car in Sept 2010 and just place at 8 years.
  • QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As posted you "place" what you can prove! What does your renewal say?

"Place" the wrong NCD and you can expect it to come back and bite!