New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Strictly 2018!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
2.7K replies 70.6K views

Replies

• charlies_mumcharlies_mum Forumite
    8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    pollypenny wrote: »
    Correct decision! Graeme has peaked though.

I have a note for next week! Wales v. Scotland at the Millennium Stadium! :j

Enjoy the Rugby ? My knowledge of sport is rubbish so sorry if I got it wrong and it's football :rotfl:

Until next week folks.
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • luxor4tluxor4t Forumite
    11.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    duchy wrote: »
    Bat out of hell ??

Pratt? :o;):D
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • tesuhohatesuhoha Forumite
    18K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pollypenny wrote: »
    Correct decision! Graeme has peaked though.

I have a note for next week! Wales v. Scotland at the Millennium Stadium! :j

Enjoy.........
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• duchyduchy Forumite
    19.5K posts
    Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tesuhoha wrote: »
    Keep your f...ing hands off my wife and by the way - you're not funny.

Presumably she will be dropped next season. Not that she's done anything worse than many other of the pros but for her stupidity in getting caught and embarrassing the show.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • candygirlcandygirl Forumite
    29.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cya all next week :D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • pollypennypollypenny Forumite
    29K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy the Rugby ? My knowledge of sport is rubbish so sorry if I got it wrong and it's football :rotfl:

Until next week folks.

Oh, yes, definitely rugby. Someone woukd have to pay me, a lot, to sit through a football game. :)
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • Well, here's my prediction for the three celebs in the Strictly Final 2018:

Ashley Roberts

Faye Tozer

Stacey Dooley

Not necessarily in that order of winning either.

And that's me done for this year. Not much point in watching any further - seriously, who's gonna beat Faye Tozer or Ashley Roberts - the semi-pros, dancing since the age of 3 - in a dance-off?

Danny? Don't think so.

I get the feeling the BBC wants an all-female finale so they can counter accusations of male-bias at the BBC (yeah, right, that'll work).

Shirley Ballas is REALLY putting me off tbh. I don't think I can watch the prog while she's still in it. There's something really 'false' about her, and she makes Craig look positively pleasant imo.

The whole program seems to have taken a nose-dive straight into X-Factor territory. It's either an entertainment program that thinks it's a competition, or a competition that thinks it's an entertainment program and the balance it used to have is WAY out of kilter imo (well, it's the BBC so no surprise there really...).

Speaking of balance, if you watch it again, there's a definite, female dancer - great and if you just do this you'll be brilliant... as opposed to a male dancer - you're just rubbish so give up up/down cycle.

I also note the judges decisions on Sunday between Seann and Graham as being a little less than about who danced better and who was either more entertaining or had more potential.

So I'm done with SCD.

Bring back Len and Arlene I say.

Enjoy.
    The atmosphere is currently filled with hypocrisy so thick that it could be sliced, wrapped, and sold in supermarkets for a decent price and labeled, 'Wholegrain Left-Wing, Middle-Class, Politically-Correct Organic Hypocrisy'.
  • duchy wrote: »
    Presumably she will be dropped next season. Not that she's done anything worse than many other of the pros but for her stupidity in getting caught and embarrassing the show.

Oh god I hope not. Her choreo is in a different league to most of the other pros. Her AT with Joe last season was out of this world.

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Starmer4PM #Bremainer
  • MalthusianMalthusian Forumite
    8.3K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Quidsinquentin: Unless there's a withdrawal there will be four slebs in the final as usual. I back Joe Sugg plus the three female slebs you mentioned. Women are always overrepresented in the final but the winner is more likely to be a man. (In the past five years, there have been 13 female finalists and 6 male. But over the course of the show, 10 out of 15 winners have been male.)

Female celebrities have a natural advantage throughout the series because they don't have to lead and their deficiencies can be more easily covered by the pro than a male celeb's, but this advantage is eliminated by the final stage. Twirling around on your partner's arm will keep you out of the bottom two but won't get enough votes to win. There's no conspiracy here, it's the nature of the beast, and has been since the very beginning.
  • pollypennypollypenny Forumite
    29K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with your selection for final, Quentin. I hope the public vote will go to Stacey, though.

Can't see the objection to Shirley. It's good to see an older woman with a bit of power.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)