Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

ParkingEye

edited 1 August 2018 at 9:04AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
5 replies 369 views
skin1290skin1290 Forumite
9 Posts
edited 1 August 2018 at 9:04AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Hi All

Received a PCN from PE, apparently the driver of the vehicle overstayed a pay and display car park and the signs were unclear.

Unfortunately, have now received a parking ticket in the post.

I have read the newbies and sent the initial template appeal to PE but I wanted to ask, given the scenario do I stand a chance at POPLA stage?

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    34.4K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no , definitely not based on what you have said above

edit the post as to what the DRIVER may have done on the day

the following words must not be used

"MY , ME , MYSELF & I"

only the DRIVER and the KEEPER

POST #3 OF THE NEWBIES FAQ STICKY THREAD HAS EXAMPLES OF WHAT WINS POPLA APPEALS

also check the POPLA DECISIONS sticky thread , from the last page and work backwards, to see what won for other people

PE use anpr and machines , not attendants
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • ok post edited, does that mean given the circumstance I wont stand a chance at the popla appeal stage?
  • QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read up on popla in the newbies faq thread (#3)

You won't win an appeal using the story in your OP!
  • Hi All

Received a PCN from PE, apparently the driver of the vehicle overstayed a pay and display car park and the signs were unclear.

Unfortunately, have now received a parking ticket in the post.

I have read the newbies and sent the initial template appeal to PE but I wanted to ask, given the scenario do I stand a chance at POPLA stage?

any better?
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the House of Commons recently

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41 recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.