Sorted my acid reflux at last

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
downshifteddownshifted Forumite
1.1K Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
I have a closed thread on here about my longstanding problem with acid reflux. Since I updated that thread I have had further investigations both on the NHS and privately, including the very intrusive pressure test where a tube is left down your nose and into the stomach for 24 hours to measure the pressure on the valve at the top of the stomach to see how much acid is leaking up into the throat. All to no avail, no reason could be found and nothing could be done. My voice was being affected by the acid, I have to avoid many foods and intermittently it gets very depressing. I joined in with conversations less and less as my voice quickly became hoarse.

I’d heard of the Health Regime at Grayshott Spa, but put off going as it is expensive and feels indulgent. But I went in early July, felt some improvement while there and with the aid of 2 different tablets have continued to improve since, to the extent that I think I will be totally recovered soon.

The reason for writing is to say if you are really suffering and the medics can’t sort it out I recommend the Regime, but if that is too expensive then see a good nutritionist. The thing that has made most difference is a particular probiotic they recommended which is changing the bacteria in my upper stomach, replacing bad ones which have been producing gas at night forcing the valve open and allowing acid to leak upwards. We’re only just beginning to understand how the microbiome affects us, I wish I had known about this years ago.
Downshifted

September GC £251.21/£250 October £248.82/£250 January £159.53/£200
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides

£37 of No7 beauty products for £12

Available online and in stores