problems with Click and drop

I'm finding RM click and drop is becoming a bit unstable. I'm often pushed for time in the mornings and more and more often now the site either won't download labels, or just throws up 'we are having problems' messages. Today for instance I need to be out very quickly, I have all my post ready, all labels primed and ready to download and apparently the site is unable to proceed ...Just what I need.

It's all bought and paid for, all I need to do is download the batch of labels- but no, site cannot do that, arghhhhhhh
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• Sounds like a nightmare - currently i put stamps my own letters and parcels, buy the stamps in bulk (getting a discount usually) and drop them straight to the sorting office. Usually the 2nd class gets there next day and no issues with printing etc, and i can fulfil orders in the car outside the sorting office as i've got stamped jiffys, write on it, put item in and drop it off.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,038
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Sounds like a nightmare - currently i put stamps my own letters and parcels, buy the stamps in bulk (getting a discount usually) and drop them straight to the sorting office. Usually the 2nd class gets there next day and no issues with printing etc, and i can fulfil orders in the car outside the sorting office as i've got stamped jiffys, write on it, put item in and drop it off.

When it works it is very quick and simple as I no longer have to write labels out or work out combinations of stamps. It is fully integrated with ebay (and other sites) I enter the weight and a label is printed with all the correct details - I even have a label printer, and of course I get business rates.

It looks like yesterday was a major issue though as I have received two emails apologising for issues:

To all of our customers,
    On behalf of everyone at Click & Drop, we sincerely apologise for the issues that some of you have experienced today as a result of ongoing technical difficulties.
    Our team have been working with Microsoft throughout the day to address the issues, and we are now seeing a return to normal service.
    If you are still unable to produce your labels through Click & Drop, we do recommend taking your mail to a Post Office.
    We are treating this with the highest priority, and we fully understand and appreciate the severity of these issues.

I'm just going to try today's post, fingers crossed!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,117
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 26 June 2018 at 8:32AM
    I had terrible problems yesterday with click & drop. Managed to do most of my post but couldn't finish. Spent ten minutes on hold only to be told to keep trying. All well and good, but we were going on holiday so couldn't wait. Managed to do the manifest and set off, taking the others to hand in at a post office

Needn't have bothered, we broke down and had to be brought back home !

I'm finding click and drop is becoming a bit of a problem, so hope they get it sorted.
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • soolin
    Ambassador
    I had terrible problems yesterday with click & drop. Managed to do most of my post but couldn't finish. Spent ten minutes on him only to broke to keep trying. All well and good, but we were going on holiday so couldn't wait. Managed to do the manifest and set off, taking the others to hand in st a post office

Needn't have bothered, we broke down and had to be brought back home !

I'm finding click and drop is becoming a bit of a problem, so hope they get it sorted.

Hope you get the car sorted. having a problem with post is always my fear, I holiday a lot and sell right up to the time I go, as soon as I do my last post run (sometimes on way to airport) I close my shop. The idea of having post done and not manifesting or something really concerns me.

It only happened once, about 16 years ago when I used to queue at PO and pay at the counter, packed my car drove to PO on way to a long weekend away only to be told the entire PO system was down and they couldn't process anything. My post all went 4 days late on that occasion, but luckily it was before defects and I emailed all buyers to apologise and had no issues, nowadays I would probably lose my account.
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    ThinkingOfLinking Posts: 11,828
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Some post offices are a pain in the proverbial when it comes to this - there are a few who won't accept the parcels without making me queue up and then going through the whole weighing and measuring of every parcel and asking what's in it. I have a stash of those "restricted item" stickers for appropriate items and I always use and tick them...but it defeats the object of click and go!!!
  • soolin
    Ambassador
    Some post offices are a pain in the proverbial when it comes to this - there are a few who won't accept the parcels without making me queue up and then going through the whole weighing and measuring of every parcel and asking what's in it. I have a stash of those "restricted item" stickers for appropriate items and I always use and tick them...but it defeats the object of click and go!!!

I use a business account so all my items are bagged into sacks and sealed and as I live so close to a mail centre I drop them off there. Royal mail then charge me once a month in arrears for my postal costs. They have cages in reception, I pull up outside (or if it is a slow day my OH walks them round), throw the bags into the cages and that's it. If I do anything wrong, and once I missed a couple of items and added them to the next day's bag, and I got a warning email saying not to do it again.
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Forumite
    soolin wrote: »
    I use a business account so all my items are bagged into sacks and sealed and as I live so close to a mail centre I drop them off there. Royal mail then charge me once a month in arrears for my postal costs. They have cages in reception, I pull up outside (or if it is a slow day my OH walks them round), throw the bags into the cages and that's it. If I do anything wrong, and once I missed a couple of items and added them to the next day's bag, and I got a warning email saying not to do it again.

I don't sell a huge amount so I have genuinely never made a mistake. I weigh and measure every item before I choose and pay for postage.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    soolin wrote: »
    When it works it is very quick and simple as I no longer have to write labels out or work out combinations of stamps. It is fully integrated with ebay (and other sites) I enter the weight and a label is printed with all the correct details - I even have a label printer, and of course I get business rates.

It looks like yesterday was a major issue though as I have received two emails apologising for issues:

To all of our customers,
    On behalf of everyone at Click & Drop, we sincerely apologise for the issues that some of you have experienced today as a result of ongoing technical difficulties.
    Our team have been working with Microsoft throughout the day to address the issues, and we are now seeing a return to normal service.
    If you are still unable to produce your labels through Click & Drop, we do recommend taking your mail to a Post Office.
    We are treating this with the highest priority, and we fully understand and appreciate the severity of these issues.

I'm just going to try today's post, fingers crossed!

RM are having national IT issues with multiple applications on their intranet.
    Likely this flows through to some customer applications too.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite

I thought when you bought online (Im not really up on the customer side) you self declare the contents.
    so no need for the PO to ask?
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Forumite
    custardy wrote: »
    I thought when you bought online (Im not really up on the customer side) you self declare the contents.
    so no need for the PO to ask?

You're right...but there are 2 branches who point blank refuse to accept parcels even when they've been paid, labelled and declared online already, unless I queue for 63 years in a roasting hot post office!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure