Forum Home» Insurance & Life Assurance

Police Seized my car for no insurance now changed my address

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Police Seized my car for no insurance now changed my address

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
2 replies 772 views
morgan65morgan65 Forumite
2 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
Hi Guys
i want to ask some help, Last month i was driving a car without insurance police stopped and seized my car. The car was on my wife's name i could not get the car back because i did not had the proof of address, later i received a letter from police to accept 6 points and £400 fine, which i paid and sent the driving license,
Now the problem is we did not receive anything or any fine regarding car which is probably been crushed already, because we have changed the address (DVLA), and we don't have access to old address.
I want to ask how can we ask police to send penalty fine/letters to our new address so we can pay it. or i want to ask if police took us to the court how can we defend ourselves that we have changed the address and did not receive any letters,
Thanks

Replies

• Blackbeard_of_PerranporthBlackbeard_of_Perranporth Forumite
    7.3K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    morgan65 wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    i want to ask some help, Last month i was driving a car without insurance police stopped and seized my car. The car was on my wife's name i could not get the car back because i did not had the proof of address, later i received a letter from police to accept 6 points and £400 fine, which i paid and sent the driving license,
    Now the problem is we did not receive anything or any fine regarding car which is probably been crushed already, because we have changed the address (DVLA), and we don't have access to old address.
    I want to ask how can we ask police to send penalty fine/letters to our new address so we can pay it. or i want to ask if police took us to the court how can we defend ourselves that we have changed the address and did not receive any letters,
    Thanks

You drove a car without insurance. Good. I am pleased it is off the road!
    http://www.drivingban.co.uk/drivingban/drivingwithoutinsurance.htm
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
  • csgohan4csgohan4 Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    you can contact the police in the area the offence happened. By the way OP no sympathy, what did you hope from driving without insurance?? If you can't afford to drive then don't drive
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ PIxie RIP