Santander... (Debenhams store card) question

Options
Hi guys

Wonder if you can help me please....

I have had a rejection from Santander with my complaint regards several store cards.

They provided the complaint before the full questionnaire had been sent back, which I have phone through to them now..

However where they have listed the reasons for the rejection. They have listed....

This was a non advised sale and as such we would not have sought information about any alternative cover that you have had at the point of sale......

Using the details provided to me I have been unable to conclude that this policy was inappropriate in this respect....if you would like to provide us with additional info etc..... we would review....

Now the cards were opened between 1999-2001 and from 1996 I was employed (and for the next 18 years) with a large local authority on the usual great conditions such as 6 month full and 6 month half pay for sickness, great redundancy cover .....

This I have shared over the phone to them after the letter was issued, but before I received it, which they will look into.

So my question, based on this has anyone recently been upheld based on Good emoloyment benefits with Santander ......

And another question I have in regards to this about the commission, they state that they will consider this at a later date pending further advice from our regulators...... I thought that the regulator had set their guidance already and stated about level of commission percent... so if the % o the PPI Commission fell into this as defined by the regulator it would be known?
With thanks as always.

(And yes I know every case can be different,but thinking some may have similar circumstances to myself)

Thanks

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 9,016 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They have agreed to look again at your complaint based on this new information so Plevin won't apply unless they reject it again. If their rejection mentioned the FOS access then keep an eye on the calender as you only get 6 months from rejection to go there though if they have agreed to examine it again it won't be applicable though I'd get in writing from them that this is not their final rejection.

For a storecard if you have evidence of civil service benefits it'll usually be enough to win on PPI, it's less of a certainty with long term debts like mortgages
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure