Journey to debt freedom

in Debt Free Diaries
23 replies 1.8K views
13»

Replies

• helejenkins1helejenkins1 Forumite
    227 Posts
    So yesterday was a successful day. My eBay listings ended making me a nice £180.00. Still need to work out all the fees and postage but still a healthy profit.
    I am eagerly awaiting payday next Thursday so I can begin to to see if I can I spend with in my budget (I can do this). I’ve cut down a lot this month but it was a bit to late to set a budget and stick to it as I didn’t have my light bulb moment till last week.
    I still have a few bits and pieces to sell but after that the extra money towards debts has to come from a stricter budget.
    I’ve done really well at eating what I have in the freezer and made a meal plan and stuck to it.
    I have a girls night out tonight which again I would never have budgeted for but now I need to budget or say no.

Right that’s me off to pack up some parcels.
    Make £10 a day in May- £90/£150
  • enthusiasticsaverenthusiasticsaver Forumite, Board Guide
    12.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So part of the secured loan is from your parents and is interest free and the other part is the Nationwide consolidation loan which probably encompasses a lot of your past holidays. Presumably around £34k is interest free then with repayments of £200 per month?

You then have £17682 on HP? Is that the cars? What interest rate and when do they finish?

Are the credit cards actually at 0%?

Which debts are you tackling first or are you saving for emergency fund for now?
    Early retired in December 2017. Debt counsellor for a High Street bank in a previous life.

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages and Endowments, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected]

Save £12k in 2022 challenge #36 0/£12,000
  • StarmummyStarmummy Forumite
    537 Posts
    ✭✭
    Happy new diary.
    debt consolidated 16/8/18 £9,788.01/£12,618.12 :( (Total debt at LBM 1st Jan '18 c..£19.5k)
    EF/FIT savings £97.24 Other Savings £12.17 House Deposit £4,762.64/£20,000 23.8% :D
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides