Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Money Savers Arms CXXVII - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Money Savers Arms CXXVII - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
1.4K replies 78.3K views

Replies

• pollypennypollypenny Forumite
    29K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleazy wrote: »
    No, hardly watch live TV either!
    TalkTalk internet problems?

No problems eith any computer. I was driven mad as the 'adviser' did not understand the concept of catch-up.

I think they are based in Africa going by the names.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    49.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the problem with people in a call centre working to a script. They have no actual knowledge of the problem, just a list of things for you to try off their script.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    49.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbrown372 wrote: »
    I just read elsewhere the prices in here had gone up so I'll settle for the hot chocolate :)

Can I interest you in a loyalty card? It will allow you to get 10% off all non-alcoholic drinks ... on Leap Tuesdays.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    cbrown372 wrote: »
    I just read elsewhere the prices in here had gone up so I'll settle for the hot chocolate :)

You haven't tasted the Hot Chocolate yet ;).
    You may wish to reconsider .... :D
    49.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a thief in our house! I made a small batch of ginger and pistachio nut Florentines and left them to cool. When I came back I found there was one missing.

I found the culprit by doing a snog test on my cousin, and immediately tasted the ingrediments!

P1040364.jpg

Anyway, the joke is on her as I have yet to dip them in white chocolate, so she has missed out on that.
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Fruity, is Rosie on the prowl perchance? :rotfl:
  • pollypennypollypenny Forumite
    29K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    There is a thief in our house! I made a small batch of ginger and pistachio nut Florentines and left them to cool. When I came back I found there was one missing.

I found the culprit by doing a snog test on my cousin, and immediately tasted the ingrediments!

P1040364.jpg

Anyway, the joke is on her as I have yet to dip them in white chocolate, so she has missed out on that.

It was not me, honest! :)

I do fancy one, though.

Re my TT web chat, my neighbour has just told me that should have said 'on demand'. Oops!
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • suki1964suki1964 Forumite
    14.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fruity, is Rosie on the prowl perchance? :rotfl:

Does Rosie still be about these parts?
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    suki1964 wrote: »
    Does Rosie still be about these parts?

'Rosie' still posts occasionally ... we had a joke going back a long while that she was 'responsible' for the disappearance of some cakes ... I always called her Rosie because Fruity once referred to her as 'Rosie The Riveter' due to her avatar :

rosie.jpeg?quality=85&strip=all&w=334&h=225&crop=1
  • suki1964suki1964 Forumite
    14.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Rosie' still posts occasionally ... we had a joke going back a long while that she was 'responsible' for the disappearance of some cakes ... I always called her Rosie because Fruity once referred to her as 'Rosie The Riveter' due to her avatar :

rosie.jpeg?quality=85&strip=all&w=334&h=225&crop=1

Yes I remember the cakes

still rather she eat them then you :p
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it