Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Money Savers Arms CXXVII - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome - Page 44

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Money Savers Arms CXXVII - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
1.4K replies 78.2K views

Replies

• savvysavvy Forumite, Board Guide
    31.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy New Year guys!! :beer:

Sleazy wrote: »
    Somebody (forget who) was asking about you on the Elite thread Savvy - told them you came here sometimes ...
    Aww thanks Sleazy....lol yeah when I get 5 mins I do! ;)
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    Good morning all and one.

I have no idea what was going on last night after we went to bed. It sounded like an invasion or WW2 battle enactment with things whizzing and banging without for nearly an hour.
    I shall make discrete enquiries and try to find out what it was all about, then report back.
    Ugh we had some going off here at 2.30am........talk about late to the party!! I love fireworks, but not when you want to sleep!
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to [email protected]. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • edited 2 January 2019 at 9:56AM
    FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    48.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 January 2019 at 9:56AM
    Sleazy wrote: »
    Fruity, 'er what rules me 'eart has been eatin' sauerkraut daily since last week, and I thought it must be grumpy Germans (If you'll excuse the pun) expressing themselves noisily.

Ah, I hadn't thought of excessive Rumbletum gaseous by-products as a cause.

I will go and make sure the outside dunny is still standing. The Thunderbox has suffered panels being blown off in the past where the, um, er … sitter has made a good seal, thus causing increased pressure in the … waste-product processing chamber.

As for sauerkraut, it is not on my list of flavourite foods.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    48.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello and welcome BlueTickle to the Arms.

Thank you for your salutation, and may you have a joyous new year as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Morning Fruity!

Blue, what drink tickles your fancy?
    48.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning Mr Sleazy. How bis?

I have been a short well for several days so will be orf to the Quack laterer. I have got, The Cough. :(
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    Good morning Mr Sleazy. How bis?

I have been a short well for several days so will be orf to the Quack laterer. I have got, The Cough. :(

Don't forget ....

"It's not the cough that carries you off,
    It's the coffin they carries you off in
    "

Hope you feel betterer soonest.
    48.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darn it. Missed BT again.

I'm on the wagon due to illness at the mo, but am partial to proper beer and cider.

Other than that it's good old tea for me. The drink that refreshes but does not inebriate.
    By tea I mean mostly Breakfast, Indian, China, Earl Grey, and the odd cup of Gunpowder, although I was given some very nice black tea with vanilla by *MFTE* last year.

Conversly I am not partial to Peppermint, Green, Flower Petal type teas.

*(Master Fruitcake The Elder, in case you were wondering)*
  • savvysavvy Forumite, Board Guide
    31.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome BT!!! :wave:

Blimey it's dry January in here then :rotfl::rotfl: no problem since I drink and can't get drunk these days, waste of money after the first two :eek:
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to [email protected]. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Zinco, thanks for letting us know. :( indeed.