Did i pay the right tac

I got a bonus this year which took my pay plus bonus pver 7k for the month. I appreciate that meant i will pay 40% tax but my tax compared to
Last year when i git virtually the same bonus taking it over 7k is £700 more this year. Any ifea why ? Will it be paid back or do i simply have my calculations wrong?

Comments

• BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    More details required. When was bonus paid? Total taxable income for year including bonus? Tax code?

If the bonus was paid in month 12 and a cumulative tax code is in operation the tax should be correct.
  • chrisbur
    chrisbur Posts: 4,052 Forumite
    I would just add that if you want to know why it is different to last year you will need to give for the previous year the same details as requested for this year.
  • Jules2208
    Jules2208 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 29 March 2018 at 10:33AM
    Hi

Sorry I!!!8217;m having to post my question here as I!!!8217;m m a newbie and can!!!8217;t work out how to start a new Thread!

My daughter has 2 jobs, she works as a full time physiotherapist at a hospital but is also on the bank for the hospital she previously worked at. The thing is, she has been receiving a tax refund every month from the previous hospital, she rang them and they said it was correct, she rang the tax office and they said it was up to her employer to sort out. She!!!8217;s ;s worried that one month all her wages will be swallowed up in tax.
    Any advice please?
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Jules2208 wrote: »
    Hi

Sorry, I!!!8217;m having to post my question here as I!!!8217;m a newbie and can!!!8217;t work out how to start a new Thread!

My daughter has 2 jobs, she works as a full time physiotherapist at a hospital but is also on the bank for the hospital she previously worked at. The thing is, she has been receiving a tax refund every month from the previous hospital, she rang them and they said it was correct, she rang the tax office and they said it was up to her employer to sort out. She!!!8217;s worried that one month all her wages will be swallowed up in tax.
    Any advice please?

Two things:

1) Start a new thread by clicking on this link http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=22

2) Tax is about the detail, without figures it's only possible to give the most generic answers which most likely won't solve the problem.
  • chrisbur
    chrisbur Posts: 4,052 Forumite
    The details needed....
    From the last payslip for each job Taxable pay to date, tax paid to date, tax code/basis, week/month number or date of payment, taxable pay for the week/month and tax paid for the week/month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure