Forum Home» Credit Cards

Re-open Spam button thread?

New Post Advanced Search

Re-open Spam button thread?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
4 replies 735 views
ciderboy2009ciderboy2009 Forumite
892 posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Car Insurance Carver!
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
(apologies for the off-topic thread)

Any chance of re-opening the Spam Button thread?

It just seems the most appropriate one to comment on to get the spammers' posts of of the forum index page!

Replies

• RobisereRobisere Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I completely agree.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • venisonvenison Forumite
    5.1K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    The easiest way is for members to click the spam button on genuine spam that they might see, there is also a thread on the site feedback forum to report spam each day, and we board guides pounce on it as soon as we see it, if we are around.
    HTH
  • MisslayedMisslayed Forumite, Board Guide
    9.2K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bumping to remove spam post from front page
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • ciderboy2009ciderboy2009 Forumite
    892 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭
    venison wrote: »
    The easiest way is for members to click the spam button on genuine spam that they might see, there is also a thread on the site feedback forum to report spam each day, and we board guides pounce on it as soon as we see it, if we are around.
    HTH
    I accept this - and I do click it on numerous spam posts each day.

However, this doesn't delete the post title (and normally the related phone number) from the main forum index page - this only happens when somebody posts another message on the particular sub-forum.

If each of the sub-forums had a post we could quickly bump to completely delete the spam then the spammers would see even that part of their message disappearing quickly and hopefully they would realise just what a waste of time it is them spamming here.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support