Advice needed after car accident

New Post Advanced Search

Advice needed after car accident

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
1 reply 365 views
Greenvelvet77Greenvelvet77 Forumite
1 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
Hi, I was involved in a car accident last week. I was travelling at 50mph & a car pulled out on me, driver to be charged with driving without due care. I contacted my car insurance & they arranged collection of my car etc & the other drivers insurance also contacted me but I said I was happy using my own car insurance. I am in agony with whiplash bruising ligament damage & broken finger ( diagnosed at hospital) I contacted my insurance & they advised that as I don’t gave legal cover on my policy I would need to find my own representation, is this correct? I feel I’m doing all the chasing with this & it was no fault of my own, I’ve bever had to claim on my insurance & are disappointed at how useless they are when I need them? Shall I contact the other drivers insurance to let them know I intend to claim or find a no win no fee company online? I’m very confused & any advice would be appreciated:)

Replies

• NasqueronNasqueron Forumite
    7.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't contact their insurer if you're using a claims firm for compensation - see if your house insurance has that sort of cover or membership of a union? The claims firm will do it all for you, just keep track of all your expenses like taxi fees, medication etc
    the concept of a United States of Europe is right.” Winston Churchill 1930
    I think that the Government are right to apply to join the European Economic Community...” -Winston Churchill 1961
    “The future of Europe if Britain were to be excluded is black indeed.”[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] - Winston Churchill 1963
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]