Rose’s epic journey to being debt free.

I’ve made the decision to finally tackle our over spend.
We are a family of five, spending quite a lot of money on food, petrol, and basically lots of other crap.

I’m determined to pay off my credit cards, we have 2 :mad:
Get out of my overdraft. Sitting at £1400.

this diary will make me accountable. I hope to pick up tips and share my own.:T

Comments

• enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Good luck. Overdrafts are getting more expensive. Do you record spends in a spending diary or spending app tracker? That can make you think twice about what you are spending. Are the credit cards at 0%
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Poppy1984
    Poppy1984 Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Good luck!
    I found budgeting difficult at first but now I track every penny in and out of my bank with the spending app and I'm finding it really helps. I also find meal planning and shopping in Aldi really helps cut food shopping costs
    19-02-18 Total Debt £30,322
    17-12-21 I'm Debt Free 🎉🎉🎉🎉
  • Good luck! :j
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,239 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Shiny new diary.
    Keep posting!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Thanks for the messages everyone.
    It's been a work day today,but I've had a poorly girl. So came home early.Sure it's viral. My poor girl. Don't like to see her suffering. I can't wait for the summertime.

It's given me the excuse to make some carrot and lentil soup out of the dodgy looking carrots out of the bottom of the fridge.

I'm going to look at internet banking every night. Even though I don't like what I see. It's nice to know what's going out. I'm a lot more mindful about spending on my debit card. I've found it so easy just to use it.

I've started a spending diary, it works well for me. I have so many plans. Step by step. I'm going to go away and have a think about what's most important to me at the minute.

I love everyone's diaries, but they do take up plenty of time.
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Happy new diary rose tinted, and good luck with your efforts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure