Normal ISA + H2B

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
1 reply 443 views
CaityPottageCaityPottage Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
I know you can't open a normal cash ISA and a H2B in the same year. My plan was to open one of them this month and the other as soon as the new tax year starts in April......

What Im confused about is: Can I pay into both savings during the same tax year, or can you only pay into one at a time even if you got them in different tax years?

If you can pay into both, does it matter which one you get first?

Thanks for looking
From a very confused first time buyer

Replies

• badger09badger09 Forumite
    9.5K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know you can't open a normal cash ISA and a H2B in the same year. My plan was to open one of them this month and the other as soon as the new tax year starts in April......

What Im confused about is: Can I pay into both savings during the same tax year, or can you only pay into one at a time even if you got them in different tax years?

If you can pay into both, does it matter which one you get first?

Thanks for looking
    From a very confused first time buyer

No, you can't pay into both of them during the same tax year, regardless of when they were opened (as HTB is just a type of Cash ISA). UNLESS you hold both with one of the providers who offer 'split ISAs' such as Nationwide.

However, you will find much better rates if you use a Regular Saver, or even a current account, for your non HTB ISA savings ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals