Credit cards for new build homeowners

Options
Hi, I need to apply for a credit card with a 0% transfer deal, preferably no charge to transfer but I've just moved into my on flat 2 months ago. It's a new build and the address is not showing on many service sites including the Money Saving Expert check to see if I'm likely to be accepted. How do I get round this? Should I put my old address (parents) where all my cards are registered anyway? Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    At which address are you registered to vote (with the CRAs)?
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    If all your existing credit is registered to your old address it would obviously be unwise to apply using the new address until you have notified your change of address to existing lenders. Why have you not changed your address with existing lenders? What about your utility accounts for the new home?
  • NatHP1979
    Options
    Thank you. I haven't been in the flat long so not had chance to change all my addresses yet. All of my cards and credit history are registered to my parents address. I haven't yet been billed for water and electricity in the new flat, only council tax and service charge. Can I apply using my old address since it is new or is this fraud? Just a bit worried. Thanks
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    NatHP1979 wrote: »
    I haven't been in the flat long so not had chance to change all my addresses yet.
    NatHP1979 wrote: »
    I've just moved into my on flat 2 months ago.
    I'd be surprised if the Ts & Cs of your existing cards didn't specify that you must notify them promptly of a change of address! You're just digging a hole for yourself if you keep deferring this, the sooner you get the addresses updated then the sooner there will be consistent and accurate data available within the various agencies and institutions, and therefore a better chance of being able to open new credit accounts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure