New Post Advanced Search

Spam Button

edited 25 February 2018 at 6:35PM in Compers Chat Corner
7 replies 16.4K views
I_Love_compsI_Love_comps Forumite
1.7K posts
Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Newshound!
✭✭✭
edited 25 February 2018 at 6:35PM in Compers Chat Corner
Hello Everyone,

Just a quick message to all of our long term members and new ones. Please if you see any genuine Spam , please press the spam button, but please do not post a message under the spam.
This will help in getting the spam removed quicker from the board.

Thanks
ILC
I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping Boards and Competitions Time to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
Any views are my own and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board Guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]

Replies

• MisslayedMisslayed Forumite, Board Guide
    7.8K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are a few blatant advertisers posting on the board at the moment, advertising is NOT allowed and is regarded as spam, please press that button!
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Where is the Spam button?
    7.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Open the offending post eg

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6064377

You should be able to see a button labelled Spam, just press it once.
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • I don’t have a spam button on the iPad :o

I don't see one on my laptop either.
    7.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh dear, sorry I don't know the answer to that problem, but all the offending posts have now gone - which means enough of those who do have a Spam button have pressed it. Thanks :D
  • redfox5redfox5 Forumite
    2.1K posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a spam button either, only a report button. Is that the same thing? 
    I'm using a desktop PC. 
    May 2020 wins - Tarmac pen, Unicorn Activity Books, 2 Books & a Blu Ray
    April 2020 wins - CD: STUMBLEINE 'Sink Into The Ether', 5 Books, Treasure Chest Trinket Box & Avon Mystery Prize
    March 2020 wins - Books: Little Book Of Dior, The Stolen Spear by Saviour Pirotta & The Greek's Unknown Bride By Abby Green.
    Jan 2020 wins - Bee Green Wraps Family Starter Kit.
    Dec 2019 wins - In The Night Garden Colouring Pack, Book: Break Point - Ollie Ollerton, Panasonic 2019 LED HDR 4k Ultra HD Smart TV, 49” with Freeview play, £50 UK Lingerie Voucher & Lily's Kitchen Spectacular Christmas cat treats!
  • duncanthedogduncanthedog Forumite
    3.6K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    redfox5 said:
    I don't have a spam button either, only a report button. Is that the same thing? 
    I'm using a desktop PC. 
    If you click the report button you then have the option of the spam button or sending an actual report to the forum team.

Just to add.
    Please don't click the spam button just because you don't agree with what someone has posted, if it is rude or offensive, that does not make it spam.