Talktalk fast broadband online exclusive deal

in Phones & TV
7 replies 846 views
paul2louisepaul2louise Forumite
2.2K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭
My current LR BB and call package with plusnet expires on 19th march. I have discussed options to leave and best deal i can get with them for standard BB anytime calls and LR saver works out at £25 a month.
I used the calculator on this website and at the top is Talktalk fast BB with anytime calls for online exclusive for £14.79 a month.
Sounds to good to be true. I havent been that impressed with plusnet in last few months. A few issues that i have needed to sort. So how bad is talktalk. I dont have heavy internet usage.

Replies

• JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    19.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends upon what your PN issues where .
    TT has no doubt improved but i would not touch them .
  • paul2louisepaul2louise Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    Depends upon what your PN issues where .
    TT has no doubt improved but i would not touch them .

I was without phone a couple of times, same fault not sorted first time. It was due to openreach issue but plusnet were not that helpful at first until i wanted to complain. then they chased me with feedback and updates after it was al sorted.

Just wondered if it was time for a change. Its £10 cheaper a month but i know its not just about the money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I'm moving soon and was just speaking to a fellow dog walker about BB, she's with TalkTalk and said they've been brilliant. Like all companies you're going to have horror stories thrown at you but the overall feeling seems to be they're not great at CS.

Obviously if you never have problems with them you'll never know, it's a bit of a gamble.
    2.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm moving soon and was just speaking to a fellow dog walker about BB, she's with TalkTalk and said they've been brilliant. Like all companies you're going to have horror stories thrown at you but the overall feeling seems to be they're not great at CS.

Obviously if you never have problems with them you'll never know, it's a bit of a gamble.

My mum has been with them since they took over virgin. She says she never had any trouble either. I know any server can have its problems so will have a bit longer to weigh up options but probably have a go at this deal.
  • Yes but while it's not generally the actual service but the poor support when there are issues and the back office security issues with TT.
    2.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inner_Zone wrote: »
    Yes but while it's not generally the actual service but the poor support when there are issues and the back office security issues with TT.

Fair enough.
    2.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plusnet like most companies nowadays dont reward loyalty. So i always switch energy, insurance companies for that reason. I might risk a 12m contract and switch back to plusnet after as a new customer if they are rubbish.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides