Forum Home» Referrers

OhMyDosh! Complete offers to earn cash payments

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Referrers Board

We’re struggling at the moment with the huge volumes of messages we’re getting from Forumites about coronavirus and the impact it’s having on their finances. We’re a small team, with limited resources, but we’re doing our best to manage this spike in demand.

At this time, we need your help more than ever so that we can focus our energy on helping the millions of people affected by coronavirus. For now, we plan to leave the Referrers Board open, but we ask that you only post on here within the Referral Board rules especially of once only per referral and on the correct threads. As always please keep it friendly and within the forum rules.

Thank you for your help and understanding at this really difficult time.

OhMyDosh! Complete offers to earn cash payments

edited 2 February 2019 at 1:17AM in Referrers
29 replies 6.4K views
NethersparkNetherspark Forumite
47 posts
10 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic
edited 2 February 2019 at 1:17AM in Referrers
TilE6sO.jpg

https://ohmydosh.co.uk

OhMyDosh! is a new website where you can complete offers, such as surveys, free trials, competitions and more for cash payments. For example sign up for a free Now TV trial and earn £5.

Some of the offers can look a little dodgy, and frankly you should always check the terms and conditions of whatever offers you're signing up for, but it's perfectly legitimate and payments are handled within 30-60 days. It's run by a company called "Submission Technology" and is very similar to many other websites they have ran in the past, except you can pick and choose any offers you want. At the end of day it's a neat way to earn a little extra money.

It works more or less the same as any cashback website - they earn a comission for each person they direct to their advertisers and they split that comission with you: https://ohmydosh.co.uk/how-does-it-work

If you sign up using my link below you'll recieve a £1 bonus (I recieve £5)

https://ohmydosh.co.uk/validate/refer_a_friend/welcome/629?keyword=referred

=================================================================
Updated 01/02/2019:

After using OhMyDosh for some time I had an issue that severely damaged my trust with them. Basically, I completed an offer which was then rejected due to them recording my 'clicks' as a different date, despite being presented with proof to the contrary. Multiple tickets I submitted about it were closed immediately or seemed to have been deleted. Luckily for me it was a "no-spend" offer, but if it had been I would have ended up out of pocket with nothing to show for it.

They only changed their mind and agreed to pay me when I updated this thread to warn others. I'm updating it again now for transparency.

I'm not going to tell you to stay away. I'm sure you can still make some money from OhMyDosh, but I am only saying my trust in them is greatly diminshed, to the point where (if I ever go back) I wouldn't risk doing anything that requires spending money upfront, as I had done in the past.

Replies

• renifer7renifer7 Forumite
    154 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts
    Hi,
    Unfortunately my browser says that the connection to the website is not secure hence beware when entering personal details.. :/
    B)
  • MaxPerwerMaxPerwer Forumite
    31 posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Thanks for sharing :) I've already joined otherwise I'd have used your link!
  • edited 13 February 2018 at 5:44PM
    NethersparkNetherspark Forumite
    47 posts
    edited 13 February 2018 at 5:44PM
    Hi,
    Unfortunately my browser says that the connection to the website is not secure hence beware when entering personal details.. :/
    That's odd, try adding an S to the end of HTTP in the referral link. Once you do that your browser should then let you through without any warnings. In fact I've added it to the referral link in the original post.

The site is secure and does use the HTTPS protocol, it just seems that the link left it out for some reason. When you're on the website look up at the address bar, you should see both the padlock symbol and the HTTPS prefix.
  • chalexchalex Forumite
    2 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Unfortunately this is run by Submission Technology Ltd, a business who are known to be proponents of ethically questionable incentive websites.

They used to run a site called PaidOffers.co.uk, which received a lot of negative press and a couple of ASA citations for misleading its users. PaidOffers was also a cashback ladder whereby it was next to impossible to actually earn anything. OhMyDosh, as far as I can tell, is exactly the same concept under a new name (PaidOffers is now closed).

See below links for further info:
    theguardian.com/money/2014/aug/22/when-a-cashback-promise-seems-too-good-to-be-true
    asa.org.uk/rulings/submission-technology-ltd-a12-209591.html
    asa.org.uk/rulings/Submission-Technology-Ltd-A14-275680.html

Remember, if it seems too good to be true, it normally is!
  • NethersparkNetherspark Forumite
    47 posts
    Yes it is run by Submission, but I've not heard of those other websites so I can't really speak about them. There's no difficulty in earning money in OhMyDosh. You just pick an offer, complete the requirements and after a confirmation period get paid. It's fairly similar to their 20 Cogs website, which I personally got £266 from.

Obviously due diligence is always required, but I'm not seeing any bad practices from them so far. Should that change I'll update the thread immediately and warn people to stay away.

I'm up to £76 now and currently waiting for it to clear.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    47.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the company rep who replied, you do not have "company permission to post"

You need to email [email protected] who will either allow you to post or reply on your behalf
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • OhMyDoshOhMyDosh Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    3 posts
    Hi chalex (and other viewers of this thread),

There was a Twitter account (johnsmi94906218 - which is now closed) Tweeting bloggers and reviewers we have recently worked with addressing the same points within this new post on March 1st, given this Twitter account appeared the same day you posted your message, I am going to make the assumption that you also created the Twitter account. Thankfully, these reviewers (many of whom we have been working with for years) came back and responded to your Tweets to defend us.

Regarding your post, I would also encourage users to view the links above linking to an article written in 2014, an ASA Adjudication from 2013 and one from 2014. These issues were promptly addressed by us over 4 years ago.

OhMyDosh is NOT “exactly the same concept under a new name” as you have stated in your post. If you wish to learn more about how OhMyDosh works, please visit the ‘How It Works’ page (I won’t post a link as I do not want to break any MSE forum rules, but you can find it at the bottom of our offer page).

OhMyDosh has been live for a month and we have already started paying our members who reached the £10 cash out point.

You can read reviews of OhMyDosh with respected bloggers on our homepage including: Emma Drew, Ashleigh Money Saver, The Mini Millionaire and many more.

As Netherspark has quite rightly pointed out, Submission Technology also runs 20 Cogs which to date has paid £564,727 to our members in the 2 years we have been live.

chalex, I would encourage you to get in contact with us directly if you wish to discuss OhMyDosh at length to help you get a better understanding of the site. As your post is exactly the same as one you’ve posted in the past on this forum but changed the name to OhMyDosh, I don’t think you have taken the time to research OhMyDosh.

I would not like this thread to turn into a conversation between you and I, as I’m sure the MSE admins would agree, so as I said before I do encourage you to reach out and get in touch.

I am extremely proud of the site we have created and I am keen to clear our name as quickly as possible. I would be more than happy to speak on the phone to you if needed.
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of OhMyDosh. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.

Moneyfacts Awards 2019 Shortlisted:
    Cashback Site Of The Year
  • edited 15 May 2018 at 4:31PM
    tonycotteetonycottee Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited 15 May 2018 at 4:31PM
    OhMyDosh wrote: »

You can read reviews of OhMyDosh with respected bloggers on our homepage including: Emma Drew, Ashleigh Money Saver, The Mini Millionaire and many more.

These are top bloggers, but did they review your site off their own back or were they paid?

Here is an unpaid review of OhMyDosh
  • OhMyDoshOhMyDosh Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    3 posts
    tonycottee wrote: »
    These are top bloggers, but did they review your site off their own back or were they paid?

Hi Tony,

As you can see from the articles some of these were in collaboration or sponsored content. However, we did not tell the reviewers what to say in their articles, we simply told them about the site, asked if they were interested in working with us, then let them head off to use the site and come back to us with their reviews. All these bloggers/reviewers have spent years building up their following and reputation therefore would not put their name to something they did not think was a good product or would not be useful for their followers.

In addition to the reviews on our site, we have just started adding member interviews to our blog for users who have already been paid out since joining the site - https://ohmydosh.co.uk/blog

Hope this clears things up.

Thanks,
    Dale
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of OhMyDosh. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.

Moneyfacts Awards 2019 Shortlisted:
    Cashback Site Of The Year
  • NethersparkNetherspark Forumite
    47 posts
    I received my first payment of £17.50 a while ago, everything went through just fine. I have another £101 ready to withdraw too!

So everything's looking good so far.