Advice on new relationship please...

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 2 February 2018 at 11:11PM in Marriage, relationships & families
Ok so I've been talking to someone I met on a dating site for 3 weeks whilst I was away at work, finally met her last Thursday for coffee (went well), met again next day for lunch before I (just me) then spent my weekend with my daughter.
Oh I should mention I work away and come home for equal time so see my daughter 2 out of the 3 weekends I'm home.

Right so I then spend all day with this new woman on the Tuesday and stay at hers on the nighttime, again spent the night with her last night.

So today after leaving her to go to work this morning and messaging all morning, I tried calling her, no answer then about 3 hours after that call I get a message saying have I disappeared? Tried explaining and screenshooting a pic of the call I made but to no avail, she starts saying I don't want to spend time with her and when we meet its always on my terms?

This has come about because she asked me to see her over this weekend with her kids, I stated from the start it would be a while before I want to meet her kids and her meet my daughter, want to be sure before that step comes.

Im not sure what I'm supposed to do here but the way the messages have been going its starting to leave a nasty taste in my mouth, saying I should put her first, consider her feelings that she's not going to see me for a few days and that everything has always been on my terms?

Just looking for any help, am I being selfish by not wanting to meet her kids this weekend after only knowing her for 1 week in person, bearing in mind we can meet loads next week?

Comments

• Rachel83
    Rachel83 Posts: 335 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Surely that rings alarm bells?
    Time to date someone else!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Rachel83 wrote: »
    Surely that rings alarm bells?
    Time to date someone else!

It is, she did say she has wobbles but I've always based my life on trust being key in a relationship, tbh I'm gobsmacked over the messages in the last couple of hours...

Just doesn't sit right with me about the wanting me to meet her kids after 1 week and then saying I'm holding all the cards and its always on my terms???
  • PeacefulWaters
    Options
    I'd walk away.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 33,018 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So the two of you can spend the night together, but not pick up the phone and have a proper conversation?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Loz01
    Loz01 Posts: 1,848 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why are you meeting her kids after 3 weeks?????????????????
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    So the two of you can spend the night together, but not pick up the phone and have a proper conversation?

Tried ringing her again after the messages started tonight, she replied she wasn't in the best of moods to talk directly???
    Then they just carried on about my holding all the cards etc etc...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Loz01 wrote: »
    Why are you meeting her kids after 3 weeks?????????????????

1 week really, only met her in person 8 days ago, it'll be a long while me seeing someone before I introduce them to my daughter...
  • kingfisherblue
    Options
    Ok so I've been talking to someone I met on a dating site for 3 weeks whilst I was away at work, finally met her last Thursday for coffee (went well), met again next day for lunch before spending my weekend with my daughter.
    Oh I should mention I work away and come home for equal time so see my daughter 2 out of the 3 weekends I'm home.

Right so I then spend all day with this new woman on the Tuesday and stay at hers on the nighttime, again spent the night with her last night.

So today after leaving her to go to work this morning and messaging all morning, I tried calling her, no answer then about 3 hours after that call I get a message saying have I disappeared? Tried explaining and screenshooting a pic of the call I made but to no avail, she starts saying I don't want to spend time with her and when we meet its always on my terms?

This has come about because she asked me to see her over this weekend with her kids, I stated from the start it would be a while before I want to meet her kids and her meet my daughter, want to be sure before that step comes.

Im not sure what I'm supposed to do here but the way the messages have been going its starting to leave a nasty taste in my mouth, saying I should put her first, consider her feelings that she's not going to see me for a few days and that everything has always been on my terms?

Just looking for any help, am I being selfish by not wanting to meet her kids this weekend after only knowing her for 1 week in person, bearing in mind we can meet loads next week?

Maybe she thinks that because you are willing to stay the night, it's time that you met her children? Where were they when you stayed?

Personally I think it's too early to meet them, but then again, I also think it's too early to sleep with someone after knowing them only a week.
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Send a nice goodbye message then block all numbers/emails.

I wouldn't walk. I'd run!
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Maybe she thinks that because you are willing to stay the night, it's time that you met her children? Where were they when you stayed?

Personally I think it's too early to meet them, but then again, I also think it's too early to sleep with someone after knowing them only a week.

At their dads.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport