Heads up, compers! In order to investigate a technical issue, we've had to move some of the older threads from Game Over into a new category called 'Game Over Archives'. It'll be comps from before 2017, so shouldn't have too much impact on your day-to-day Forum experience. Thanks for your patience!

Manners Cost Nothing

We've all been there. Had a WEM, replied, waited and it hasn't turned up.

Today I got the promoters taste of receiving the 'where is my prize' email:

Having helped out with the sites advents I was fortunate enough to tell 2 lovely winners that they had indeed won just before Xmas! There has been a bit of whooha and the prizes have been delayed, one winner is aware of this as they have contacted me (this is how I found out) and I thought it was all ok now. Imagine my absolute horror to receive an email from the second winner telling me from the off that they are annoyed with me, that I have lied to them and how 'they not getting anywhere with me as I am ignoring them' (there is more but hey - said winner may be on here). The whole email is short, nasty and in all fairness rude.

I like to think I've always been polite in enquiring if there has been a delay and could they possibly let me know what is going on, I don't think wading in nastily will get me anywhere and I have been fortunate that there are only a couple of times I have had no response and had to right it all off.

Please peeps, remember that manners are more likely to achieve something than rudeness - my manager is now ready to pull the whole competition plug as 'it's just more hassle' and when you receive an email like this I can completely understand why companies are saying no more.

Keep smiling and win big!

Lucky dust to all. xx
Back to comping after a couple of years overseas
Good Luck Everyone

Replies

• I_luv_catsI_luv_cats Forumite
    14.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Manners does work both ways though, it's mostly PR people that are difficult, they rarely acknowledge yr address details.
    (luckily prize just turns-up but u don't know they have rec'd yr add. email)

Yes, it is difficult as likely hood of PR people managing several co. campaigns, with varying deadlines.

Sometime situations occur where u wait ages, enquire nicely + the prize was never ordered AND worse the prize is tickets or an experience which can't wait!
  • greedo420greedo420 Forumite
    192 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary
    Forumite
    I received a phone call from Manchester United 4 months ago saying I won a football bundle and asked for my address details.

After 2 months of not hearing anything or any prize turning up I contacted support and the department in charge of the giveaway asked for my address details again.

Another 2 months go by and still no prize and no communication about this prize I was supposed to have won So I recently contacted them again.

It's really frustrating but I have only ever been nice and civil in my emails, at the end of the day it's not the supports fault but it is getting annoying now, so I can see how frustration can sometimes take over..
  • greedo420 wrote: »
    I received a phone call from Manchester United 4 months ago saying I won a football bundle and asked for my address details.

After 2 months of not hearing anything or any prize turning up I contacted support and the department in charge of the giveaway asked for my address details again.

Another 2 months go by and still no prize and no communication about this prize I was supposed to have won So I recently contacted them again.

It's really frustrating but I have only ever been nice and civil in my emails, at the end of the day it's not the supports fault but it is getting annoying now, so I can see how frustration can sometimes take over..

As a Gooner I'd say you were lucky! :p:)
  • greedo420greedo420 Forumite
    192 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary
    Forumite
    Haha I don't actually support Manchester United myself but my Nephew is nuts about them so the bundle would be going to him, which makes it harder because he's forever asking me if its arrived yet.

I support Sheffield United :D
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 in bonus points

MSE News

Ask an Expert: Scams

Watch MSE Katie's answers to your questions

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals